" For God himself gives to all mankind life and breath and everything." Acts 17:25

About Me

About Me

About Me

Welcome...I'm delighted that you chose to visit! I started this blog in March 2010 and I am so happy that I did. It has made me more aware of the many ways that God is blessing my life. I have made some special friends who bless,teach,encourage,and entertain me! My desire is to be an encouragement to you. I hope you will tarry for a while and that you will come back to visit often.

Saturday, June 26, 2010

headed to the beach!

Well, we are headed out for our annual “week-at-the-beach” family vacation on Sunday. There is no internet at the house we rent, so this will the last post for a while.
I wanted to leave you with a reminder of how great our God is and how much He cares about us. I’m not sure how I feel about “ The Message” bible, but I saw this on the sidebar of My Pink Life a few days ago. On a day when I was feeling a bit overwhelmed, it encouraged me to think of my Heavenly Father in this way.

God's love is meteoric,
His loyalty astronomic,
His purpose titanic,
His verdicts oceanic.
Yet in his largeness
Nothing gets lost;
Not a man, not a mouse,
Slips through the cracks.
Psalms 36:5-6 Message Bible


I hope and pray that it is a wonderful week in your part of the world. I pray that you will be reminded over and over what a wonderful Savior we serve, that you will be blessed in sweet, and unexpected ways, and that the overflow of God’s love in your life will bless others. I will miss hearing from you and hearing about you.... my blogging friends! I’ll have much to share when we return.

7 comments :

  1. I love The Message...though I know it is a paraphrase and not a translation...but it really makes me see passages in a new way. Like Psalm 36:5-6...our God is SO big!

    Have a wonderful week at the beach!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Debbie! Thanks for visiting me. Did you enter the drawing for the Talbots gift card? I sure did.

    I love your blog name, The Sandwich Years. That's exactly where we are now too. Mind boggling, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Will certainly look forward to your return - and posting all about the fun:) Have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is some brilliant bits in The Message...this piece you shared is certainly one of them. Enjoy your time away, and may you receive back 100 fold all the blessings you have sent our way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad that verse was encouraging to you! It is so incredibly humbling and empowering to know that God is on our side, looking out for us, and caring about us, and loving us individually like no one else can. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just what I need on this Tuesday morning. So comforting and so assuring. Thank you for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete

Your comment is such a blessing and encouragement to me! Thank you for taking the time to leave one.