" For God himself gives to all mankind life and breath and everything." Acts 17:25

About Me

About Me

About Me

Welcome...I'm delighted that you chose to visit! I started this blog in March 2010 and I am so happy that I did. It has made me more aware of the many ways that God is blessing my life. I have made some special friends who bless,teach,encourage,and entertain me! My desire is to be an encouragement to you. I hope you will tarry for a while and that you will come back to visit often.

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

can you say u-turn?

We had a wonderful weekend! The hotel was lovely with the friendliest and most helpful staff. We met some very nice people who were eager to suggest places for us to shop. However, most of them didn't give the best directions. Hence, the title of this post! They told us right when it should have left, they told us left when it should have right, they told us "you can't miss it" but of course we did because the sign was small or hidden by trees (or the name of the place had changed) and the"great place to have lunch" wasn't open on Sat! So, we made a lot of u-turns!
The funniest thing happened at the "Green Bean Exchange", which we found when we were looking for "Runts" on the right when it was actually on the left and we made a u-turn....... Anyway, when we checked out, we asked about the "largest antique mall in the state" (which was the main reason we were in the area) and the young man said, "Oh, they closed about 5 years ago!" My friend and I looked at each other and started to laugh. We had prayed at breakfast that God would direct our way and He obviously was doing just that! So much for our plans... He had better ones.
We had a great time browsing and shopping at the places He found for us, we had the best bread (garlic rolls) at "Ippolitos", a local Italian place, delicious Mexican food and live music at "La Parilla", and we relaxed in our spacious suite with a large screen TV where we watched movies because "Letters to Juliet" wasn't playing at the two theaters near us (2 u-turns to find those!). As always, it was a fun time and we did indeed make some memories!
So, here are some pictures.....

We found these in the bath when we arrived in our room... pretty nice for $54/ night, I thought!

The entrance to "Ippolitos". Those garlic rolls were large, round, twisted, parmesan cheese dusted, savory delights. I love bread and since I have been trying to lose weight, I haven't had anything like that in a while. I entertained the thought of canceling my entree and just ordering more rolls!

The first of two "Green Bean Exchanges" that we discovered. Found bookends that my sweet girl had asked me to look for here.


Well, blogger is acting goofy and won't let me add more pictures. So, I'll try again later. One last thought... isn't it wonderful that God, in His grace, allows u-turns?

"If my people who are called by my name shall humble themselves and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sins, and will heal their land." 2 Chron. 7:14 Praise the Lord!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Your comment is such a blessing and encouragement to me! Thank you for taking the time to leave one.