" For God himself gives to all mankind life and breath and everything." Acts 17:25

About Me

About Me

About Me

Welcome...I'm delighted that you chose to visit! I started this blog in March 2010 and I am so happy that I did. It has made me more aware of the many ways that God is blessing my life. I have made some special friends who bless,teach,encourage,and entertain me! My desire is to be an encouragement to you. I hope you will tarry for a while and that you will come back to visit often.

Monday, June 14, 2010

happy flowers, happy occasion!


At our former church, I was the church hostess for about 8 years. In that position, I had the opportunity to decorate for many events. It was one of my favorite things to do. In the last 6 years, I haven’t done much of that and I have missed it. When I posted the pictures of the daisies I received for Mother’s Day and so many people commented that they love daisies, too, it reminded me of a very special event a few months ago....before I was blogging.
Last July, my sweet girl and I hosted a bridesmaid luncheon. The bride, the daughter of one of my life long friends, is really more like another daughter to me and a sister to my sweet girl. She chose daisies as her wedding flower, so, of course, that was the theme of the luncheon. We used a restaurant in a quaint town a few miles south of our city. It is an old home converted into a restaurant. It has nice features like tall windows with lovely window treatments, hard wood floors, and dark furniture with antique pieces here and there. That combined with a nice wrap around porch made for some pretty pictures.


I found the perfect fabric for tablecloths at Walmart. Along the hem were the words "All Things Grow With Love". We bought the votives at the dollar store and glued the ribbon and daisies on them for favors.




More ribbon and daises adorned the linen napkins. I was very pleased with the freshness of the flowers I bought for the small vases we used down the center of the table. They seemed to be smiling at us!












Our lunch was delicious and pretty... quiche, fruit and salad.


The owner made the pound cake for the strawberry shortcake herself.
It was not on the menu, but she wanted us to have something special.



It was a special day for a special young woman. We were blessed to be a part of her wedding. She has now been married for almost 11 months and is very happy. That is the best blessing of all!

7 comments :

  1. Love every aspect of the luncheon decorations! I also really enjoy planning and decorating for luncheons and other theme parties! Always fun:) I've never really heard of a church hostess but what a nice idea...

    And I think the idea of daises for a wedding flower is precious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet and special celebration! Love this theme for summer. Daisies are truly one of my favorites. Everything about this says charm and sweetness. = )

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was truly a wonderful time for a most meaningful event - good food, great fellowship, beautiful decorations. The pictures turned out so lovely too. Thank you for all your hard work. Love, your lifelong friend and bosom buddy.
    P.S. 1st anniversary is August 1 and she is still very happy and blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everything is so beautiful! I am sure you are having so much fun (if not a bit of stress) planning the details for the wedding coming up in just a few months!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How beautiful! I need a 'hostess' from time to time...wish you were closer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. There are a few ladies at our church who are blessed with a gift to decorate. What a blessing that is to so many. Thanks for sharing the pictures and memories. It looked like a very special day for her.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so impressed by yet another one of your talents, and creativity. Everything is so beautifully done. The daisies are a perfect theme for the luncheon. The table looks so perfect! I am sure that bride was very blessed by this special event. I like the way you folded the napkins. Martha would be so proud of your table!

    ReplyDelete

Your comment is such a blessing and encouragement to me! Thank you for taking the time to leave one.