" For God himself gives to all mankind life and breath and everything." Acts 17:25

About Me

About Me

About Me

Welcome...I'm delighted that you chose to visit! I started this blog in March 2010 and I am so happy that I did. It has made me more aware of the many ways that God is blessing my life. I have made some special friends who bless,teach,encourage,and entertain me! My desire is to be an encouragement to you. I hope you will tarry for a while and that you will come back to visit often.

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

i like mine well done!

I cooked cubed steak for dinner last night. It reminded me of something that happened a long time ago. J and I had been married about 3 years and had recently moved from the town where I grew up and where we met and married to the city where we live now. His parents and grandparents came from the coast for a visit.
I wanted to make something special for dinner on Saturday night. So, I decided on country fried steak, mashed potatoes, green beans, and “hand squeezed” biscuits! I was quickly browning the steak and removing it from the pan. It would be returned to the pan later to finish cooking in the gravy. J’s grandmother, who was very sweet, but had no trouble speaking her mind, was standing beside me, watching every move I made. (As you can imagine, that was pretty unsettling----- a 3 year cook being monitored by a 40 year cook!) Anyway, as I was browning the steak, she, not knowing the plan, said ”You can cook mine a little more, if you don’t mind!” :-) Stumbling over my words, I explained my plan and then we both had a good laugh!
She was a dear lady and J loved her very much. That was the only time she ever visited our home. I’m so glad I have such a distinct memory of that time together!

2 comments :

  1. Makes me hungry just thinking about it! Cute post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great story, Miss Debbie! Thank you for sharing it!

    I went back and read some of your older posts...and I have to say I loved the one you did about your wedding dress...so special to see your daughter in it, I'm sure. My grandmother made my mom's dress, and my sister was able to wear it when she got married 20 years ago.

    Hope you have a great day! :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comment is such a blessing and encouragement to me! Thank you for taking the time to leave one.