" For God himself gives to all mankind life and breath and everything." Acts 17:25

About Me

About Me

About Me

Welcome...I'm delighted that you chose to visit! I started this blog in March 2010 and I am so happy that I did. It has made me more aware of the many ways that God is blessing my life. I have made some special friends who bless,teach,encourage,and entertain me! My desire is to be an encouragement to you. I hope you will tarry for a while and that you will come back to visit often.

Thursday, June 17, 2010

drum roll, please......ta da!!

Okay, here it is... the refreshed kitchen window! As I started gathering the things for the shelves, I decided new curtains would be nice, too.


So, I found some cute fabric with.....guess what?....daisies!.... at Hobby Lobby and I am very happy with the results. So, here's the tour.....

The picture above is the whole view....including the apple cookie jar that holds my utensils and some fresh picked tomatoes on the counter!

Here is my sweet fat hen sitting on her eggs. Remember the verse says, "Within this house may love abide and bless all those who step inside."
I already had the plate and pitcher. I bought the pitcher a long time ago. It has been sitting on a high shelf that runs along my kitchen wall and the plate was a gift several years ago. It's a Blue Ridge pattern.

I already had the jars and the picture was my 2009 calendar from my desk at work. It is done by Marjolein Bastin, the artist. She does nature paintings with scripture. I had saved it because I loved the pictures and hated to throw them away. I found the frame... a perfect fit which is amazing since it is 5x5... at one of our local antique malls. I plan to change the picture each month. This months verse is "Come and see what God has done, how awesome His works! "
Ps. 66:5


Found this cute copper tea pot at another local antique mall and just had to have it. I loved the shape and the blue and white ceramic handle. Decided it was perfect standing alone!


And, of course, there had to be daisies. Bought the basket back in Feb. You can't tell but it has a wooden lid with a hinge... like a very small picnic basket. It was already holding the daisies just somewhere else. Found the simplify sign at Hobby Lobby on the 66% off aisle!


The basket of apples was already sitting upright on this shelf. I just turned it on its side so the apples spill out and put the larger apple alongside.



The "HOPE" sign hangs from the shutter knobs. I like that the "O" is a button! Cute!


Here's a close up of the curtain fabric. I was afraid it might be too busy, but the more I look at it, the better I like it!

Well, there you go! I am very happy with the change. Happy that I didn't spend much money, happy that I was able to reuse some things I already had, and happy with the freshness of the new look. It makes me smile every time I look at it!


As I was posting this, I thought how this project reminds me of what God did for me. I was a sinner, dressed in filthy rags.When He saved me, He clothed me in the righteousness of Christ. He renewed me, He changed who I am, changed the way I look to Him. Now, it pleases Him to look at me for when He does, He sees His Son. I will never understand why He loved me so, but I will always be grateful that He did and still does!

"But God showed His love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us." Rom 5:8 "For if while we were enemies we were reconciled to God by the death of His Son, much more now that we are reconciled, shall we be saved by His life."Rom 5:10

4 comments :

  1. Again, I love how you weave the spiritual lesson into your everyday life. What a gift you have for thinking about what you have learned through the years and applying it in such practical ways.

    Your window is very pretty, and I know what you mean about how a makeover causes pleasure in our hearts each time we pass by and see it.

    And don't you just love H.L.'s huge percentages off? I'm overdue for pulling out my 90% off patriotic things I bought last year -- must go do it right now! Well, after I water plants...and take my daughter to a friend's...ah, maybe tomorrow...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that verse! You don't hear it often enough but we need to be reminded that yes, we once were sinners but through God's grace we are one with Him!

    Love the way you decorated your window. Everything is pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome job! Your kitchen window looks sooo cozy. Love all your little creative touches everywhere!! Especially the daisy curtains. "Don't you think daisies are the friendliest flower?" -you've got mail. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey there! scrolled waaaaaay back to find an old post with few comments, to ask you...
    please e-mail me, unless you want to remain private. grace.girl@juno.com I mainly want to thank you for the encouragement, but let you know I deleted the comment so as not to raise questions unrelated to the blog post. Not because I didn't like the comment! And please delete THIS comment once you read it!

    ReplyDelete

Your comment is such a blessing and encouragement to me! Thank you for taking the time to leave one.