" For God himself gives to all mankind life and breath and everything." Acts 17:25

About Me

About Me

About Me

Welcome...I'm delighted that you chose to visit! I started this blog in March 2010 and I am so happy that I did. It has made me more aware of the many ways that God is blessing my life. I have made some special friends who bless,teach,encourage,and entertain me! My desire is to be an encouragement to you. I hope you will tarry for a while and that you will come back to visit often.

Monday, July 5, 2010

good and tired

The week was good and I am tired! Have you ever felt like you needed a vacation to rest after a week’s vacation? Having fun is exhausting! :-) I have stories to tell and pictures to share, but I need a day to get it together.
Today, I will just say that the ocean is amazing! One afternoon, the waves were so gentle, they were barely lapping the shore. The next day the wind was blowing and the waves were big, rough and quickly came one right after the other. Sometimes the salt in the water
irritates the skin (as our little grandson can testify), other times it heals it. On one occasion, the ocean is generous with its bounty and on another (like this week!), it withholds the harvest.
I think that is a picture of how God works. Sometimes His prodding is gentle and His voice is soft. Other times, His voice is louder and His nudge is harder and is more insistent. When needed, God’s Word convicts and makes us uncomfortable. More often, it brings comfort and encouragement. Many times His answer to our requests is “yes”. But, when it is for our good, He says “no” or “wait”.
One thing that is predictable about the ocean is the tides. The high tides are 12 hours apart. The low tides are 12 hours apart. We can count on them to be on time. We can’t predict how God will work, but one thing we can count on.... that we can trust... is that it will always be consistent with His character. That never changes!

“O, Lord God Almighty! Where is there anyone as mighty as you? Faithfulness is your very character.” Psalm 89:8

4 comments :

  1. I love that verse...a reminder of God's faithfulness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many times when I used to go over the bridge from FWB to Okaloosa Island on my way to Destin, I would see that beautiful Gulf and hear the verse reverberate in my heart, "And the glory of the Lord shall cover the earth like the water covers the seas." So much water on planet earth and His glory which will also cover the earth is compared to it! The ocean gives many life messages and yours were some really good ones!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am thankful that you had a good time at the beach. I understand the tired part. I look forward to seeing pictures if you get to share them. Most of all thank you for the wonderful reminder that we can trust in our Heavenly Father's workings and plans. I am so thankful for His promises. At times I have no idea what direction He is showing me, but I do know I can trust Him.
    Hope your week is a good one, and that you can slowly catch up on everything.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know you had a wonderful time, the ocean is my favorite place to relax and just sometimes spend quiet time with God. Have a blessed week. Jackie

    ReplyDelete

Your comment is such a blessing and encouragement to me! Thank you for taking the time to leave one.