" For God himself gives to all mankind life and breath and everything." Acts 17:25

About Me

About Me

About Me

Welcome...I'm delighted that you chose to visit! I started this blog in March 2010 and I am so happy that I did. It has made me more aware of the many ways that God is blessing my life. I have made some special friends who bless,teach,encourage,and entertain me! My desire is to be an encouragement to you. I hope you will tarry for a while and that you will come back to visit often.

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

sometimes being "crabby" is a good thing!


I made one of my favorite things to eat last night... crab salad! I found the recipe about 20 years in an eating light cookbook. I made it the first time for a ladies luncheon at church. It was a hit and I have been making it regularly since then. It is delicious anytime, but especially in the summer because it is cool and light.My experience is that it is better when made several hours ahead and refrigerated. That gives the flavors time to blend.

Here is the recipe if you'd like to try it:
12 oz imitation crab meat, flake style (it is REAL white fish with crab seasoning)
6 green onions, chopped (the white part of the onion)*
1 stalk celery, chopped
2-3 tbsp mayo (according to taste)
2 oz (give or take) cooked spaghetti pasta
dash salt and pepper

While pasta is boiling, cut up pasta into small pieces. Add onion,celery, salt and pepper. Stir until well mixed. Add drained and cooled pasta, mix again. Add mayo, mix again. You may garnish with dried chives or some of the green tops of the onions or serve as is... which is what I do most of the time.
* I gave this recipe to a friend and found out a year later she was chopping up the green part of the onion and putting it in the salad. So, I wanted to make that part clear ! :-)

Here is a close up, so you can really see what it looks like.

I just looked through that cookbook. This is the only recipe in it that I have ever made. No matter, it was worth buying it to get this one... it is a winner!

2 comments :

  1. I can't believe you posted this. My sister and I have been talking about wanting some of this stuff. Will have to make your recipe soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am copying this recipe and making it real soon. I have been looking for a good and light crab recipe. Thank you so much for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete

Your comment is such a blessing and encouragement to me! Thank you for taking the time to leave one.