" For God himself gives to all mankind life and breath and everything." Acts 17:25

About Me

About Me

About Me

Welcome...I'm delighted that you chose to visit! I started this blog in March 2010 and I am so happy that I did. It has made me more aware of the many ways that God is blessing my life. I have made some special friends who bless,teach,encourage,and entertain me! My desire is to be an encouragement to you. I hope you will tarry for a while and that you will come back to visit often.

Friday, June 4, 2010

we are outta here!

My friend and I are headed out of town this afternoon to spend the weekend "antique shop hopping"! It is one of our favorite things to do. I booked a great hotel with all the "niceties" for $54/ night at hotels.com.... a gift from God! We have directions to "the biggest antique mall" in the state (or so they say!) and a few smaller shops. We will browse until we are hungry and then we will look for someplace original to eat. God always directs us to the neatest places..... we have never been disappointed. Another friend recommended the new movie "Letters to Juliet", so we are planning to see that, too. We never spend a lot of money.... we don't buy the "real" antiques, but we sure have a great time looking and spending time together. The spending time together is the really important thing. The trip just gives us the opportunity to do it! Some really funny things have happened to us on these trips.... when they do, my friend says "we are making memories"! I should have pictures to share and a movie review (and maybe a funny story to tell!) on Monday..... I hope you get to do something YOU enjoy this weekend! :-)

4 comments :

  1. Oooooo sounds like a blast!! That's one of my favorite things to do. I'm not sure where you live but if you ever come to Pennsylvania. Go to Newport, PA and visit Carpetbagger Collectibles. You will love it! Great finds for CHEAP! My mom and sister go there every year. And right next door is the cutest cafe....

    http://djlandis.blogspot.com/2009/08/trip-to-ickesburg-pa.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how I would love to join you. It sounds like the perfect way to spend a weekend. Hope you have a wonderful, relaxing and fun trip together. I like how you give God the credit for blessing you with little special blessings, like He does delight in doing for His children. Wish you the best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I went to Dahlonega Thursday with Leah (one day trip). She had to go to a wedding there. I went to The General Store to pass the time - great memories there, too. We were thinking about comming by to see you Friday night before she had to leave this morning, but we helped Saige finish getting the bedrooms ready for baby Solomon's arrival. It was late and we were tired. Leah says she'll see y'all in July when she comes for Sunny Brook's wedding. I see now we couldn't have visited anyway - you and Miss Sue were off "antique-ing" it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your weekend sounds like it was a lot of fun. Letters to Juliet is truly wonderful...even my husband loved it.

    ReplyDelete

Your comment is such a blessing and encouragement to me! Thank you for taking the time to leave one.