" For God himself gives to all mankind life and breath and everything." Acts 17:25

About Me

About Me

About Me

Welcome...I'm delighted that you chose to visit! I started this blog in March 2010 and I am so happy that I did. It has made me more aware of the many ways that God is blessing my life. I have made some special friends who bless,teach,encourage,and entertain me! My desire is to be an encouragement to you. I hope you will tarry for a while and that you will come back to visit often.

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

remembering a teacher

Jennifer at Trading Ashes for Beauty is starting Friday with Friends this week. She is going to post a subject or question on Friday and then you have until the next Friday to post about it. This week's question is "Who was your favorite teacher?" That was a long, long time ago for me! I've been mulling it over and I remember things that I liked about several teachers. But, it didn't seem like enough to call them "my favorite". Then I thought about Mrs. Guttenberg, 6th grade. At the time, I probably would have said I didn't like her much at all. She was very serious, didn't smile much and ran a "tight ship" as far as the classroom was concerned. But, she expected us to do our best, to be responsible, to have our assignments ready when they were due, and to show respect for her and our fellow classmates. Also, every day after lunch, she read to us for 30 minutes. She chose great books that captured our attention and our imagination. It was the best part of the day. At the time, I didn't realize she was teaching us about the joy of reading...... sneaky, huh? :-) I'm sure she didn't remember me much past that year, but I will always remember her and the important things she taught me in that red brick school house so many years ago.

1 comment :

  1. Even her name is a bit daunting! But I love teachers that read to a class as the whole...my children have had a few that did that - and it is wonderful!

    Love the red brick school house:) Glad you were able to join in today!! Have a great Friday.

    ReplyDelete

Your comment is such a blessing and encouragement to me! Thank you for taking the time to leave one.