" For God himself gives to all mankind life and breath and everything." Acts 17:25

About Me

About Me

About Me

Welcome...I'm delighted that you chose to visit! I started this blog in March 2010 and I am so happy that I did. It has made me more aware of the many ways that God is blessing my life. I have made some special friends who bless,teach,encourage,and entertain me! My desire is to be an encouragement to you. I hope you will tarry for a while and that you will come back to visit often.

Sunday, May 30, 2010

bought and paid for

We were a little later than usual leaving for church this morning. When we were almost there, J said. jokingly,"I bet somebody else has gotten our seat... bought and paid for." I said, "Jesus did that a long time ago." We both laughed. I started to think about the truth of that.....Jesus did, indeed, purchase our place in the Body of Christ and in Heaven.

".....to open their eyes, so they may turn from darkness to light...... that they may receive forgiveness from sins and a place among those who are sanctified by faith in me." Acts 26:18
"In my Father's house are many rooms......I go there to prepare a place for you......I will come back and take you to be with me with so that you can be where I am." John 14:2-3

In addition to Christ's sacrifice, many others have paid the price for me to sit in that seat in that church and worship freely without fear of penalty, torture or death. They are the ones we are remembering this weekend. They are the ones we honor when we fly our flags. They are the ones we should thank God for, not just on Memorial Day but every day. And not only for those who died but all those, past and present, who are willing, even eager, to serve their country and protect us. So, for the men and women in blue, gray, green, and white.....May the Lord bless you and keep you. May He make His face to shine upon you and give you peace. Amen"

4 comments :

  1. Hi, Miss Debbie,

    Just dropping by this morning to let you know that you won the magazine giveaway on my blog! Congratulations! :)

    If you will leave your email address in the comments section of today's post on my blog, I will get in contact with you.

    Congratulations again! Have a great day.

    Here's my blog address:
    http://blessingsatourhouse.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on winning the magazine! Don't you just love giveaways?!?! :) Loved your post and knowing that Jesus paid my price in full - more than I can comprehend but I know it true even so!!

    Oh my...and those chocolate glazed enemies - have mercy!! Not really that good?!?! Nice try - but good for you and holding firm (you made it all the way, right???)

    Have a great Tuesday - be sure to share some of those simple recipes with us:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this post. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Your comment is such a blessing and encouragement to me! Thank you for taking the time to leave one.