1. Thursday marks the first day of spring...to celebrate would you rather plant a garden or go for a walk in the woods? Would either of those activities be possible on Thursday where you live?
I would rather go for the walk. We don't have much room for a garden and the little one that we have is the Hubby's project. We have woods close by and wooded walking paths in several parks.
Last June, our children surprised us with a 40th anniversary party. We had no idea they were planning
something. They invited our closest friends, decorated with beach decor (we take a family trip to the beach every year), and cooked delicious food. It was very special!
3. We often think of spring as a time for new beginnings. What's something you'd like to start doing this spring?
Exercising! I need to get back in the gym and on the treadmill!
4. Where do you like to sit in a movie theatre? When did you last sit there, and what were you watching?
Second or third row from the top...dead center. About a month ago, I saw "Winter's Tale".
5. When you meet someone for the very first time, what do you want them to think about you?
That I care about them.
6. March is frozen food month (yes, really!). Besides ice cream (gotta make you think a little) what's your most often purchased frozen food item?
Well, I buy several different kinds of frozen veggies...baby limas, stir-fry, mixed vegs for soups, okra.
And Hubby keeps us stocked with buy frozen pizzas!
Schedules! At this time in my life, other than my work schedule, I try not to make commitments that require me to be somewhere at the same time every week. When my kids were growing up, we had to have a schedule....school, chores, activities, etc. And for most of those years, I was a Sunday School teacher, choir member, or church hostess. I still enjoy being involved in ministry, but I prefer less structured opportunities. I like having the freedom to make plans with friends and family without feeling like I'm letting others down.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
More and more, I see how the choices we make each day affect our relationships with others. Those choices reflect the care and concern, or lack thereof, that we have for the people in our lives. I pray that my choices would reflect God's love and, thereby, my love for others.
Thanks, Joyce, for hosting this every week. You certainly makes us think!! :-)