For the month of February and the first two weeks of March,
I was working on a special project.
I didn't mention it here because it was a surprise
for my sweet daughter in law who is expecting our newest
grandson in May.
Saturday, we had a small tea party/shower for her and
I chose that opportunity to give it to her.
I am not the best or the most experienced "crochet-er", but
I was pleased with the way it turned out.
And I loved making it...thinking about the precious
little boy that soon would be warmed by it.
I found the ripple pattern on Pinterest and thought it sounded
like the perfect size. But as you may know, some people crochet
tighter, some looser. After I had done about 6-8 inches, I realized
it wasn't as wide as the pattern said. I decided not to start over
with hope that I could figure out a way to add to the width.
When I finished the length, I decided to try adding
a border of single crochets to the sides. And, lo and behold...
I think it even makes it looked more finished.
Hey, maybe I created a new pattern! ha! ha!
The lovely mother-to-be with her gift!
She liked it and that made me very happy!
Our little party was sweet...more on that next time! :-)