Giving Wednesday Hodgepodge another try this week!
1. What is something you'll never forget about the age you are right now?
We are planning a "redo" of our trip to Alaska that got postponed last summer, So, hopefully that will happen in Aug. That's a pretty big event for my 60th year!
2. What's a household chore you've never done? How have you managed that???
I've never cleaned or polished hard wood floors...because I've never had them!!
3. Does nature shape our personalities more than nurture? Explain?
That's a toughie and there is certainly a lot of debate over that question. I know we are born with inate personality traits, but I also believe that nurture shapes those traits. For instance, a strong will nurtured positively can create a good leader rather than a rebel; creativity directed toward solving problems and be a help rather than figuring out how to cheat or steal without being caught, etc.
We have three adult children who are alike in many ways, but who also have their own special traits and abilities. We are so grateful that they are mature, responsible spouses and parents Nature or nurture...we give God the credit for that!
4. Friday (February 28th) is 'Something on a Stick Day'...funny because Zoanna over at A Penchant for Pens recently sent me an idea for a question relating to this topic. What's your favorite food eaten on a stick?
I think I have eaten three things on a stick...suckers, ice cream and corn dogs. These days, I rarely eat any of those, but if I could...it would be the ice cream. Growing up, I loved Fudgesicles!
5. Which of your five senses do you treasure most, and why?
Sight! I am so thankful to be able to see the beautiful world God created and the faces of my children and grandchildren. What a wonderful gift from God! I think the others pale in comparison to that.
6. What's the best music, theatre, or sporting venue you've been to? What made it great?
In 2008, I attended a Passion Conference at the Georgia Dome in Atlanta. The worship times were led by Chris Tomlin, David Crowder, Matt Redmon and others. Being in the midst of 30,000+ college students (and a few older folks like me) praising God was unbelievable. It gave me a taste of what heaven is going to be like!
7. It's the last week of the month...in five words or less bid adieu to your February.
Thanks for the snow day!
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Found out Monday that a sweet young man, that is like another son to me, is engaged to be married. His mom and I have been "bosom buddies" for 35 years so I have known him his whole life. I am looking forward to helping his mom with their part of the wedding. She's been the mother of the bride twice... this will be her one and only opportunity to be the mother of the groom. Having two married sons, I have some experience in that area, so maybe I can give her some pointers! :-) He has been faithful to wait for God's choice for him...I am so proud of him and very happy for him!
Joyce does a great job with this every week! I am happy to participate! Thanks for dropping by!