" For God himself gives to all mankind life and breath and everything." Acts 17:25

About Me

About Me

About Me

Welcome...I'm delighted that you chose to visit! I started this blog in March 2010 and I am so happy that I did. It has made me more aware of the many ways that God is blessing my life. I have made some special friends who bless,teach,encourage,and entertain me! My desire is to be an encouragement to you. I hope you will tarry for a while and that you will come back to visit often.

Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Wednesday Hodgepodge


1. Are we always responsible for our actions? Are there any exceptions?

Yes, always...no exceptions.

2.  Has anyone from your home town become famous?



We have had several young men go to the NFL, one young man to MLB. Our Little League Boys Baseball and Girls Softball Teams have both won the World Series, and Bobbie Eakes, the actress is from here.

3. January was National Slow Cooker month. Do you own a slow cooker/crock pot? Did you use it last month? What's a favorite dish you make using a slow cooker or crock pot?


Yes, I have a slow cooker and I use it quite often. I cook my roast in it, several chicken recipes, soup, and chili.

4. How do you feel about private companies collecting data about you?


Not crazy about it, but I think it is a sign of the times.

5. The Games of the 2014 Winter Olympics kick off with their opening ceremony this coming Friday....will you be watching? Which Winter Olympic event would you most like to see in person? Have you ever been to Russia? Any desire to go, Olympics or otherwise?

I love the Olympics. We had the opportunity to go when they were in Atlanta in1996. I will watch as much as I can. I am usually sleep deprived during the two weeks of the Olympics...summer and winter! I would enjoy seeing the figure skating. There are lots of places in the world I would like to go, but Russia is not one of them.

6. Share a good or bad sports related memory from your childhood or teen years.

My brother was an All American High School football player and was recruited by several big colleges. So, they invited us to come for weekend visits. We went to their games and were treated like royalty for the entire weekend. As a family we did not travel much or eat out much, so that was quite a big deal for me at the age of 12.

7. What's a must have song for you on a work out play list? If you don't work out, run, swim, bike, walk, or anything else that could be construed as 'exercise', then what's a song that motivates you to at least get up off the couch?


"Your Grace is Enough" by Chris Tomlin.

8.  Insert your own random thought here.

This is my first time doing the Hodgepodge. I just hope I am doing it right! :-) Look forward to meeting some new friends! :-)

10 comments :

  1. Welcome to the Hodgepodge! I'm glad you joined in this week...it's a friendly group I think : )
    I'm with you on the Olympics. I look forward to them and watch as much as I can. Love pretty much anything by Chris Tomlin. Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to Hodgepodge! You did great! I'm your newest follower! LOVE that song by Chris Tomlin...he's one of my favorite Christian artists. I bet that was exciting to travel around with your brother and family to some big colleges while he was being recruited. Have a terrific day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to the Hodgepodge! Did your brother play college football anywhere?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome to the Hodgepodge! It's always fun to meet new friends.
    We visited Atlanta the summer the Olympics were held there. We didn't attend any Olympic events, but did visit Centennial Park.
    Your 'grands' are precious, and I love your quote over in the sidebar :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. i agree with you on number one and i wish i had a slow cooker... i used one for all the years i raised my boys...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome to the Hodgepodge! I'm with you on not wanting to visit Russia.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so glad you joined in! I love just about any song by Chris Tomlin ... my playlist (that I listen to when walking) is probably 2/3 Chris Tomlin! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. hehe, i have often worried if i'm "doing it right"!! this sounds fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have other blog friends who do this meme. IF I ever do a meme, this would be the one. The questions are always interesting.

    I did get stuck on No. 1... It made me think about the death of that great actor, Philip Seymour Hoffman. Many people are trying to blame everyone else for his death. I'm sorry that he died and he WAS very talented. BUT--he was responsible for his own actions. He had all of the resources available in the world --yet HE made the CHOICE to do what he did. It was HIS fault and nobody else's.... Just my opinion.

    You mentioned parking at Opryland... WELL---it's free if you park (like many of us do) at the corner of the shopping center --and walk the SHORT distance to the hotel.... We have never paid for parking there.

    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  10. It looks perfect, thanks for joining in! I'm looking forward to watching the Olympics. I'm going to tape it each night so I can FF through the commercials. I don't think we can hide anymore from everyone knowing everything about us. I don't like it but not much we can do about it!

    ReplyDelete

Your comment is such a blessing and encouragement to me! Thank you for taking the time to leave one.