Welcome...I'm delighted that you chose to visit! I started this blog in March 2010 and I am so happy that I did. It has made me more aware of the many ways that God is blessing my life. I have made some special friends who bless,teach,encourage,and entertain me! My desire is to be an encouragement to you. I hope you will tarry for a while and that you will come back to visit often.
1. Are we always responsible for our actions? Are there any exceptions?
Yes, always...no exceptions.
2. Has anyone from your home town become famous?
We have had several young men go to the NFL, one young man to MLB. Our Little League Boys Baseball and Girls Softball Teams have both won the World Series, and Bobbie Eakes, the actress is from here.
3. January was National Slow Cooker month. Do you own a slow
cooker/crock pot? Did you use it last month? What's a favorite dish you
make using a slow cooker or crock pot?
Yes, I have a slow cooker and I use it quite often. I cook my roast in it, several chicken recipes, soup, and chili.
4. How do you feel about private companies collecting data about you?
Not crazy about it, but I think it is a sign of the times.
5. The Games of the 2014 Winter Olympics kick off with their opening ceremony this coming Friday....will you be watching? Which Winter Olympic event would you most like to see in person? Have you ever been to Russia? Any desire to go, Olympics or otherwise?
I love the Olympics. We had the opportunity to go when they were in Atlanta in1996. I will watch as much as I can. I am usually sleep deprived during the two weeks of the Olympics...summer and winter! I would enjoy seeing the figure skating. There are lots of places in the world I would like to go, but Russia is not one of them.
6. Share a good or bad sports related memory from your childhood or teen years.
My brother was an All American High School football player and was recruited by several big colleges. So, they invited us to come for weekend visits. We went to their games and were treated like royalty for the entire weekend. As a family we did not travel much or eat out much, so that was quite a big deal for me at the age of 12.
7. What's a must have song for you on a work out play list? If you don't
work out, run, swim, bike, walk, or anything else that could be
construed as 'exercise', then what's a song that motivates you to at
least get up off the couch?
"Your Grace is Enough" by Chris Tomlin.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
This is my first time doing the Hodgepodge. I just hope I am doing it right! :-) Look forward to meeting some new friends! :-)