" For God himself gives to all mankind life and breath and everything." Acts 17:25

About Me

About Me

About Me

Welcome...I'm delighted that you chose to visit! I started this blog in March 2010 and I am so happy that I did. It has made me more aware of the many ways that God is blessing my life. I have made some special friends who bless,teach,encourage,and entertain me! My desire is to be an encouragement to you. I hope you will tarry for a while and that you will come back to visit often.

Sunday, August 3, 2014

here comes the bride


On August 9th, my forever friend, Danna,
will be gaining a daughter-in-law. Her son, Daniel,
is very special to us...like another son, really.
So, it was with great joy that my daughter and I hosted 
a shower in his bride's honor last Sunday.


Daisies were the theme inspired by the tablecloth...and the fact
 that she likes daisies. After all, they are "the friendliest flower"!


There were fresh ones on the table.
 

And candy ones on the mini pies.


The bride with her soon-to-be sisters-in-law and my friend, Danna.
 

Of course, she received many wonderfully generous gifts .
But, Danna made a lovely wedding quilt for her.
She made sure it included something old, something new, 
something borrowed and something blue.
It was such a thoughtful and meaningful gift!
 


We've been friends since 1979. 
This will be our 7th family wedding together.
 

Me, my daughter, and Lizzie, the bride.
She is so happy and we are so happy for her.
 

Part of the fun was seeing old friends, who don't get to see
each other much, "catching up"!
Aren't they lovely ladies?


So glad one of my DILs could join us, too!
 

We believe Lizzie and Daniel are answers to prayer in each other's lives.
So, we are looking forward to celebrating with them in a few days.
Can't wait to see what God has in store for this young couple who 
love Him and each other!

6 comments :

  1. Looks like it was such a lovely time, Debbie. And I love daisies. When my parents had their 50th wedding anniversary, (a while back) we gathered wild daisies from the fields to put in vases on every table. They're so sweet and friendly! Love the happy photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful celebration. The table is spread with so many goodies. Glad it was a good time of fellowship!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish them God's blessings on their marriage. Congratulations to all of you.. those daisies are beautiful as are all the ladies and i like you are standing under the count your blessings sign.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet shower you and your daughter hosted. Blessings to the couple!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a lovely shower and how nice of you to host it. Wishing them every happiness in the world!

    ReplyDelete

Your comment is such a blessing and encouragement to me! Thank you for taking the time to leave one.