" For God himself gives to all mankind life and breath and everything." Acts 17:25

About Me

About Me

About Me

Welcome...I'm delighted that you chose to visit! I started this blog in March 2010 and I am so happy that I did. It has made me more aware of the many ways that God is blessing my life. I have made some special friends who bless,teach,encourage,and entertain me! My desire is to be an encouragement to you. I hope you will tarry for a while and that you will come back to visit often.

Sunday, August 17, 2014

compassion


Our pastor's message today was on compassion.
He read the story of The Good Samaritan in Matthew 10
which is a perfect illustration of compassion.
These are the notes I took from his sermon...
so these are not my thoughts or words, but his.

The story illustrates two truths...
we must have compassion and
our compassion must traverse all bounds.
 
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           
True love is shown by true compassion...
a stirring of our heart which shows we care.


 Saying we care is meaningless if we are not willing to 
help to meet a need.
Love equals compassion--compassion equals care.


Compassion is love in action.
True love says I am here for the long haul.
 

And as long as there is a need, I will help to meet that need.
 

Is that what love demands ?


Yes!

I pray that I will have a compassionate heart!

8 comments :

  1. Excellent post, Debbie. We do need compassion... I love the one saying that compassion is love in action... WONDERFUL.

    Great photos and flowers.
    Have a great week.
    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. "compassion must traverse all bounds," says to me that even when we don't *feel* like being compassionate, we are still called to be. Good thoughts on what you learned today ... and lovely blooms to look at as each thought was pondered.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We can never have too much compassion or show too much grace. Thanks for sharing those thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. very good message, I used to have a lot more compassion that i could put in action than i do now....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a convicting passage in the Bible...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a good reminder! And I love all your flower pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I enjoyed the message--and the pictures, too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This reminded me of a sermon we had not long ago ... without compassion there is no mission.

    ReplyDelete

Your comment is such a blessing and encouragement to me! Thank you for taking the time to leave one.