" For God himself gives to all mankind life and breath and everything." Acts 17:25

About Me

About Me

About Me

Welcome...I'm delighted that you chose to visit! I started this blog in March 2010 and I am so happy that I did. It has made me more aware of the many ways that God is blessing my life. I have made some special friends who bless,teach,encourage,and entertain me! My desire is to be an encouragement to you. I hope you will tarry for a while and that you will come back to visit often.

Monday, August 4, 2014

a pop of color


A few weeks back, I was looking at a HGTV Magazine.
There was an article about "jazzing up" your front porch.
I waited a long time to have a porch where I could have 
rocking chairs and a swing. So, I have just been enjoying it!
But, I decided even though I loved my white chairs and swing,
a little color might be nice.
Having the shower here motivated me to get it done!
So, while shopping in JoAnn's for fabric to make some pillows,
I found these two for the rockers on the 70% off clearance aisle!
They were only $8...I could hardly make them for that...
so I snapped them up!




I always found this tin pitcher with the same design on clearance 
for $6! I looked at the usual places for the hydrangeas to go in it...
Michael's, Hobby Lobby, Wal Mart, etc with no luck.
One day, I was in Big Lots just browsing and turned to go down an aisle
and there they were... waiting for me!

The same night I bought the pillows, I did buy coordinating
fabric to make two more for the swing.
I think they turned out nice.



I also refreshed  my wreath...

and bought two ferns.



I still love my white chairs and swing, but a little color
is  good thing! :-)

5 comments :

  1. Such an inviting porch Miss Debbie!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh debbie, it really looks great!! i have tried jazzing up my porch but everything always gets creepy and full of cob webs, so i gave up!! yours looks awesome!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. your whole porch is beautiful and so inviting. i would love to sit in that swing, i do love a swing and i could sit and stare at the rockers looking so pretty..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everything on your porch looks lovely! You did good by adding just the right amount of color :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely....I would love to be sitting there right now!

    ReplyDelete

Your comment is such a blessing and encouragement to me! Thank you for taking the time to leave one.