" For God himself gives to all mankind life and breath and everything." Acts 17:25

About Me

About Me

About Me

Welcome...I'm delighted that you chose to visit! I started this blog in March 2010 and I am so happy that I did. It has made me more aware of the many ways that God is blessing my life. I have made some special friends who bless,teach,encourage,and entertain me! My desire is to be an encouragement to you. I hope you will tarry for a while and that you will come back to visit often.

Friday, August 15, 2014

after the "I do's"


The wedding reception was held in the Old City Hall
in Brunswick. It is a beautiful old building
inside and out... a nice venue for special events.

Here's our daughter with her two little ones
waiting their turn to visit the buffet line.


Our oldest son, DIL, and their girls along with
Hubby getting settled at our table.


The tablescapes were lovely...mason jars with
flowers and candles, old books, and burlap
and lace runners. 
The tables were numbered and named for literary
couples...
like Elizabeth Bennett and Mr Darcy
 from "Pride and Prejudice".


Our favors were bags of Charleston Chews candy...
the newlyweds wlil be living in Charleston!



Our Chan...
 

Little H with his mom and dad...


our dear friends, the Coffeys...


Little E...
 

the wedding cake...simply lovely...


the groom's "rice krispie" cake.
He made the treats and his best man and mom
 helped him assemble it .
Notice the yellow jackets surrounding the base...
the groom is a graduate of Ga Tech..."the yellow jackets."


Little C...


Doesn't the mother of the groom look lovely?


Rile and Little H...


Groom's mom and dad taking a spin on the dance floor .


The happy couple!
 
 

 It was a wonderful day celebrating
these two!
We are looking forward to seeing what their future holds. 
We already know Who holds their future! :-)






9 comments :

  1. I've just caught up with your posts here...and so enjoyed reading all about the wedding. I like that...'We already know Who holds their future!'

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous reception! I like the little touches that really personalized it. But most of all I like your last two lines: We are looking forward to seeing what their future holds.
    We already know Who holds their future!

    ReplyDelete
  3. a lovely old city to start their life together in... I wish them many years of joy and happiness. love all the decorations and cool beans on that grooms cake

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a wonderful celebration. Love the centerpieces. Those Charleston chews are such a fun idea! Thank goodness we know who holds the future!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful collection of family photos!! I LOVE the grooms cake!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So fun to see all the decorations!! Love the Groom's cake...he's my kind of man! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds perfect.....love the Charleston Chews! Looks like you all had a wonderful time and I love the grooms cake, so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Debbie, Leah suggested Lizzie and Daniel use Charleston Chews as the favors - putting the address to invite friends to come visit the newlyweds was such a cute idea. She and Saige had the idea for the frames and Lizzie and her mom came up with the names for the couples from literature with the corresponding books. However, I did get to choose one and you sat at "my table." I suggested and then shared my favorite book Christy by Catherine Marshall. My favorite romantic couple, Dr. Neil McNeil and Christy Huddleston, graced your table. Daniel will be so pleased that everyone liked his cake!

    ReplyDelete

Your comment is such a blessing and encouragement to me! Thank you for taking the time to leave one.