" For God himself gives to all mankind life and breath and everything." Acts 17:25

About Me

About Me

About Me

Welcome...I'm delighted that you chose to visit! I started this blog in March 2010 and I am so happy that I did. It has made me more aware of the many ways that God is blessing my life. I have made some special friends who bless,teach,encourage,and entertain me! My desire is to be an encouragement to you. I hope you will tarry for a while and that you will come back to visit often.

Monday, February 18, 2013

re-purpose #1


 In an earlier post I talked about some re-purposing
 projects I had planned. I have finished two of them. 
I promised to share them if things went according to plan. 
Well, I am happy to say that...we are two for two!!
So, here is the first one!
Our daughter and her hubby bought a "pub" style
 dining table when they were first married
 2 1/2 years ago.
If you don't know what that is...
it is a high, square table with stool type chairs.
A few months ago, her in-laws gave them
 a bigger table and four chairs and they were kind
 enough to give their "pub" table to us.

First, the hubby cut the legs off to make them shorter
and them I lightly sanded it...


 primed it...


painted it black and sealed it with polyurethane...


and...voila! a new coffee table!!

I've always wanted one, but never had the space.
Now, with our addition, I finally do...and I love it!
It's not perfect, but I am pleased with the results
 and I think it will serve us well.
As a matter of fact, two of the grands have already
broken it in for us and it seems to be holding up! :-) 
 
The rug is new, too...
more on that later!!

8 comments :

  1. Ah---what a nice thing to do with the pub table... Love the new coffee table.. It matches the rug/sofas.... Looks PERFECT.

    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that new coffee table! I like that rug underneath it, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love the rug... and you did a fantastic job of painting that table...plus i love all recycle jobs

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is just lovely. I can tell you are having so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks just perfect from here! Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely! Things are looking good Miss Debbie!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That looks great! I like it on that rug!

    ReplyDelete

Your comment is such a blessing and encouragement to me! Thank you for taking the time to leave one.