" For God himself gives to all mankind life and breath and everything." Acts 17:25

About Me

About Me

About Me

Welcome...I'm delighted that you chose to visit! I started this blog in March 2010 and I am so happy that I did. It has made me more aware of the many ways that God is blessing my life. I have made some special friends who bless,teach,encourage,and entertain me! My desire is to be an encouragement to you. I hope you will tarry for a while and that you will come back to visit often.

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

for love of a mantle



I love mantles! I have always wanted one. I like the way they look and I always thought I would enjoy decorating one...especially at Christmas. All three of my children have one, but I'm not jealous at all...well, maybe a little bit! :-) A couple of weeks ago, I looked at the top of our TV stand and thought..."There's my mantle!" So, I started thinking about what I had and shopping for other things.
Sunday afternoon, I put it together and I'm pretty happy with it. 

I had the pitcher and the plate. The plaque in front of the plate was a "hand me down" from my daughter. The birds and the book they are sitting on and the plate easel are from Michael's. The hydrangeas, bike, and the letter M (for our last name) are from Hobby Lobby. The M was plain paper mache. I dressed it up with paint, scrapbook paper, and mod podge.



 

Several of you have asked about pictures of our addition. Since I am re-purposing furniture, it is taking longer to get things in place. Until that happens, I can't really hang much on the walls. Also, the plantation shutters we ordered are in and the Hubby will be installing them soon. So, I said all that to say this...I would like to wait until it's all finished to post pictures. But I have been giving you some glimpses and I will continue to do that. I appreciate your interest and can't wait to share the really "finished product " with you!

6 comments :

  1. What a sweet vignette! I can't wait to see your addition when it's finished.

    ReplyDelete
  2. until i read the post i thought that was a photo of a mantle, could not tell it was a TV... since we have a 47 inch flat screen, no way to decorate it.. i have never had a mantle either. the reason i would like one is to have a fireplace under it. but in my old age, i want a gas fireplace or even electric... no need for one down here though... i am rambling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your "mantle". I don't have a mantle, either. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your mantel looks great! Yes, I am looking forward to seeing your room too. I keep waiting. I know you are having fun. It makes me so happy to see your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice! I'll have to come see it in person soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm with you...on the love of the 'mantle'!

    ReplyDelete

Your comment is such a blessing and encouragement to me! Thank you for taking the time to leave one.