" For God himself gives to all mankind life and breath and everything." Acts 17:25

About Me

About Me

About Me

Welcome...I'm delighted that you chose to visit! I started this blog in March 2010 and I am so happy that I did. It has made me more aware of the many ways that God is blessing my life. I have made some special friends who bless,teach,encourage,and entertain me! My desire is to be an encouragement to you. I hope you will tarry for a while and that you will come back to visit often.

Thursday, February 14, 2013

it started with two


 This vinyl decal is the first thing I've put on the walls
 of our new addition.
It reminds me, every time I see it, how blessed we are!


 We are not perfect...


but we love each other anyway.
 

We like to celebrate together ...

and be quiet together.



 We like to play together...


we like to smile...
 

and show off a bit...when we have a reason to! :-)


And it all started with a divine appointment about 41 years ago
when two young people bumped into each other at the post office!


A lot has happened since then...
 

Thank you God for the sweet gift of family!

13 comments :

  1. What a blessing! That's fun that you met at the post office!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are truly truly blessed. i like the family on the tree shot... really cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Coming from a dysfunctional family, I know what a huge, huge blessing a good family can be.

    ReplyDelete
  4. you are so lucky and clearly, you know it!!

    have a happy sunday!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amen to that. I love your family. I have two of those quotes up - not the same - but I love them. Stay warm. sandie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that love story...and the happy ending! What a blessing indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh we all are far from perfect, Debbie. The best part about life is that we can admit that. Cool you are a mid-century modern, too. Yay!!! Us!!! hahahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Debbie, We been in Arkansas for a week --so I'm trying to catch back up with my blog friends. Hope you had a great week.

    Great post about a wonderful family... You are blessed and have alot to be joyful about....

    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  9. How sweet! I didn't know y'all met at the post office! So tell me, how did Jerry start that conversation? "Hello, you've got mail?" Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I rather like the one where everyone is looking away! =)

    ReplyDelete

Your comment is such a blessing and encouragement to me! Thank you for taking the time to leave one.