" For God himself gives to all mankind life and breath and everything." Acts 17:25

About Me

About Me

About Me

Welcome...I'm delighted that you chose to visit! I started this blog in March 2010 and I am so happy that I did. It has made me more aware of the many ways that God is blessing my life. I have made some special friends who bless,teach,encourage,and entertain me! My desire is to be an encouragement to you. I hope you will tarry for a while and that you will come back to visit often.

Monday, June 13, 2011

this and that

Sunday, at lunch, we had a bunch of leftovers. So, I made myself a plate and popped it into the microwave. When I took it out and looked at it. I told my Hubby, "Well, I guess I'm going to find out if I like HOT coleslaw." Oops!

Our house and garage needed some paint touch-ups, so I bought a gallon of paint at Sherwin Williams.They mixed our paint originally (about 25 years ago!), and we wanted to make sure it matched. It was $38...we thought that was a little high for plain old exterior latex! Anyway, Hubby told me last night that we were going to need another gallon. Today, in the mail, we got a coupon from Sherwin Williams for 25% off any paint purchase! Perfect timing....just like God to bless us like that!

I was cleaning out my closet today. When I pulled out an old photo album that belonged to my mom, I took time to flip through it. Stuck between two pages, I found a receipt for a car my dad bought in 1958. It was for a 1953 Cadillac (I never knew we had a Cadillac!) and he paid $1471.00 for it. His payments were $61.30 for 24 months! Things are quite different today, huh?

My first tea set was in the closet, too. It has four little cups and saucers and a tiny tea pot. I remember playing with it with my dolls in our front yard when we lived on Smith Street in my hometown. When my daughter turned three, we invited her three best friends over for a tea party and asked them to dress up. They had a ball and we have an adorable video of the event. Sweet memories from my childhood and from my girl's!

Well,that's all folks....... just a little bit of this and that from me to you! Glad you stopped by....hope you have a wonderful week!

5 comments :

  1. So how was hot coleslaw? :) You still have your teapot and cups? I am so amazed. That is so neat. I also liked that there was still the paper work from your parents car, a Cadillac in 1953? That is amazing.
    So fun finding things like that. Well I enjoyed, "This and That."

    ReplyDelete
  2. So you might just start a new trend with hot coleslaw! Times have changed indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Soooo? How was the hot coleslaw?

    It's kinda fun poking around in closets and finding treasures, old and new..... I like finding things like old receipts.. they always are such eye openers to what was then and what's now. They also make me feel connected to my past... even though it's my mine 'personal' past.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your this and that! Did your granddaughters not want a tea party?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had a sweet little tea set that I got on vacation once when I was about 8. I can't remember exactly how it happened, but sometime in the last 5 years it got knocked over and several pieces broke. I was very sad, but I'll always remember those little teddy bears on each piece whenever I think of "first tea sets." (And, I got over it.)

    My mom has a neat 3-ring notebook with purchase papers and photos of every car she and my dad have had. It is the coolest thing to look at...I think I'm going to have to browse through it when we're visiting them in August!

    ReplyDelete

Your comment is such a blessing and encouragement to me! Thank you for taking the time to leave one.