" For God himself gives to all mankind life and breath and everything." Acts 17:25

About Me

About Me

About Me

Welcome...I'm delighted that you chose to visit! I started this blog in March 2010 and I am so happy that I did. It has made me more aware of the many ways that God is blessing my life. I have made some special friends who bless,teach,encourage,and entertain me! My desire is to be an encouragement to you. I hope you will tarry for a while and that you will come back to visit often.

Monday, June 20, 2011

humility

In the bible study I am doing, there has been a lot of talk about humility this week. The title is "Seeking Him:Experiencing the Joy of Personal Revival ". So, the truth the study is emphasizing in these lessons is that humility is necessary for revival. There have been some great quotes. So, I wanted to share some of them with you.....


"They that know God will be humble;
they that know themselves cannot be proud."
John Flavel

"A truly humble man is sensible of his natural distance from God;
of his dependence on Him;
of the insufficiency of his own power and wisdom."
Jonathan Edwards

"I am persuaded that love and humility are the highest attainments
in the school of Christ and the brightest evidences
that He is indeed our Master."
John Newton

"Humility is the displacement of self and the enthonement of Christ.
Humility means Christ is all and self is nothing."
T.A. Hagre


And what God has to say about it...

"He has told you, O man,what is good;
and what does the Lord require of you
but to do justice, and to love mercy,
and to walk humbly with your God."
Micah 6:8


Not an easy thing... studying humility. It brings you face to face with your pride....not a pretty reflection in the mirror. But it is necessary to see my true self to really see my need for Him. Because He is always with me, I see Him in the mirror, too... holding me, assuring me that humility is the first step towards forgiveness and revival.

3 comments :

  1. Aw humility, It is good to read those quotes but I agree with you, looking at humility shows me my face in the mirror and it is full of pride. Not to mention self love and all of the self things that raises itself but against God. It is always good to look at those things so we can focus on where we need to be. Thanks for sharing Miss Debbie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing those quotes. Love and humility are signs that we belong to Christ. Humililty is the displacement of self and the enthronement of Christ. Humility is being aware of our insufficiency. There is nothing we can do without God.Truths that I want to remember.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy to have found your site. Humility is something I struggle to obtain but when I do-it's incredibly freeing.


    Blessings
    Sharon
    www.breakformom.com

    ReplyDelete

Your comment is such a blessing and encouragement to me! Thank you for taking the time to leave one.