" For God himself gives to all mankind life and breath and everything." Acts 17:25

About Me

About Me

About Me

Welcome...I'm delighted that you chose to visit! I started this blog in March 2010 and I am so happy that I did. It has made me more aware of the many ways that God is blessing my life. I have made some special friends who bless,teach,encourage,and entertain me! My desire is to be an encouragement to you. I hope you will tarry for a while and that you will come back to visit often.

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

copier chaos

We had the same copier in the doctor's office where I work for about eight years. We all knew how to use it to copy, reduce, enlarge, print. We understood its language and had learned all its quirks. It served us well, but it began to whine (like it was in pain!) when it was making copies. Then it began to grind and jam every time we used it. Finally, our office manager decided it was time to purchase a new one. So, about three weeks ago, a brand new one was installed. Well, it is very different and we have had some difficulty (to say the least!) adjusting. We don't understand the instructions that show up on the screen and sometimes we can't even figure out where to put our original on the glass!

Today, I was trying to make copies of a report I use to pull patient charts. The originals went through the feeder correctly and then nothing happened. I looked at the screen, it said...."Job held. Resources needed." "What in the world does that mean?" I thought. So, I tried it again...same thing happened. As I was studying the screen, trying to figure out what was going on, I noticed there were dots flashing in the center of the diagram of the copier. "Oh," I thought. "Maybe it needs paper." So, I opened the drawer and, sure enough, it was empty. I started to laugh....."resources needed"...good grief...what's wrong with LOAD PAPER!!! (That's what the old copier would say!) I know we'll learn how to use it, but I think the truth is.......it is just too sophisticated for us simple folks! :-)

5 comments :

  1. Wow, I would not have got resources needed for out of paper. Geez!! That is why I hate to buy anything like a new cell phone, TV or even a new car for the same reason. I am glad I am not the only one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess that's a generic thing to say if it needs paper, ink, toner, a good kick in the behind...just a thought.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Plain old English would be much easier to understand! There's a reason why we stick with our old tried-and-true appliances and gadgets.

    ReplyDelete
  4. As the learning curves are getting harder we begin to understand our grandparents ... but sometimes things are just going too fast. I don't know if I should bother learning because the next phone will be even better .. or if each one is a stepping stone to help you understand the next... like not being able to skip a grade in math...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't you love "progress"! I'm glad my work copier is an old-fashioned one.

    ReplyDelete

Your comment is such a blessing and encouragement to me! Thank you for taking the time to leave one.