" For God himself gives to all mankind life and breath and everything." Acts 17:25

About Me

About Me

About Me

Welcome...I'm delighted that you chose to visit! I started this blog in March 2010 and I am so happy that I did. It has made me more aware of the many ways that God is blessing my life. I have made some special friends who bless,teach,encourage,and entertain me! My desire is to be an encouragement to you. I hope you will tarry for a while and that you will come back to visit often.

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

fresh from the oven

I thought I had used all the peaches that I had put in the freezer, so I was surprised to find several quarts under something else. We haven't had peach cobbler in a long time and just the thought of it made me smile! So, as soon as the casserole for dinner came out of the oven, the cobbler went in. I just use that simple "stir and dump" recipe that has been around forever, but it never disappoints....and last night was no exception.Yummy!!



I stewed most of the zucchini (from yesterday's post) with the yellow crook neck squash, but two cups went into making this...

...bread! A friend gave me a recipe and it is a winner! The bread is moist and "cinnamony"....really good! It makes two regular loaves, but I like making mini loaves. They are easier to slice and serve and I enjoy giving them away. The recipe makes six.

Here's it is:

Zucchini Bread

3 cups self rising flour
2 cups sugar
1 cup nuts (I use Grape Nuts cereal)
4 eggs
2/3 cup oil
2 cups grated zucchini
1 tbsp vanilla
1 tbsp cinnamon

Preheat oven to 350. Grease 2 reg loaf pans or 6 minis. Combine flour, sugar, nuts, and cinnamon in a large bowl. In a med bowl, beat eggs; add oil, zucchini,and vanilla. Add wet mixture to dry mixture gradually, mixing gently. Bake 1 hour for reg loaves, 4o mins for minis.

*I use Grape Nuts for several reasons....you get the favor of nuts without the texture, so those who don't like nuts in their food or those who are allergic to nuts can also enjoy it. I use them in my Banana Nut Bread and Pumpkin Bread, too.


So, that's what's been happening in my kitchen! Hmmm...speaking of Peach Cobbler....I think I'll have some! :-)

9 comments :

  1. Girl! I'm headed right over with some ice cream!!
    Yummy looking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your house must be redolent with the smell of cinnamon and peaches baking....delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YUM and more YUM!! I can't wait for the zucchini to start producing around here, and peach pie and cobbler are my favorite.

    *Yes the bibs really are that easy. I'm still looking into the pattern. Watch for the button in the sidebar!

    Blessings, Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks incredible!! Now I'm hungry! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yummy, I need to get busy and use up what is in my freezer too. We have had such cool temps, I still don't have zucchini.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I make PEACH CLOBBER !! I mix apples and peaches together, put the normal peach cobbler batter on top, then make the crumbly oatmeal topping that goes on apple crisp. It's all very good together.

    ReplyDelete
  7. your cobbler is beautiful. And now I need to stop looking at blogs, because they're making me hungry...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am sitting here with my cup of morning coffee and this looks really good! I am thankful that you shared the recipe, because peaches are some coming on the scene in this part of the country, and I want to make this.

    Hope you have a good week ahead.

    ReplyDelete

Your comment is such a blessing and encouragement to me! Thank you for taking the time to leave one.