" For God himself gives to all mankind life and breath and everything." Acts 17:25

About Me

About Me

About Me

Welcome...I'm delighted that you chose to visit! I started this blog in March 2010 and I am so happy that I did. It has made me more aware of the many ways that God is blessing my life. I have made some special friends who bless,teach,encourage,and entertain me! My desire is to be an encouragement to you. I hope you will tarry for a while and that you will come back to visit often.

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

bag ladies

In a few weeks, a group from our church
 is going on a mission trip to Brazil.
They have Vacation Bible School with the children,
 they do improvements on the church building
 and the home of our missionary couple there. 
They help distribute food and they are alert
 to opportunities to share the gospel.
Later this year, the church there will be hosting
 a Women's Conference.
 They asked if we could make 150 tote bags
 that will be given to the attendees to carry
 their bibles and conference materials.
There is a craft ministry group that meets
 the first Sat of every month, so they started the project. 
Then, this past Sat, a group of us gathered to finish it.

Fist, there was the measuring and cutting of the material...




then the pressing of the hem...



then the measuring and cutting
 of the trim used for the handles... 



and then the sewing.



And, voila! our first finished bag!


 Here are the bags made by the craft group.


The fabric came from several sources.
When we cut it all and counted,
 we had exactly 150 bags!
Not only is God's timing perfect, His count is, too!

There were a few bags left to finish when it was time to go. 
So, I brought them home with me. 
It gave me something to do while...


I was cheering for our Braves!
We are trying our best to "will" them into the playoffs!

Anyway, it was great fun working with
 my sisters in Christ on this special project. 
It blesses me to think of the look on the ladies'
faces when they receive their bag! 
It's a little way we can encourage our
 Brazilian sisters from far away. :-)

7 comments :

  1. what a wonderful project and the bags look great!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go ladies! Looks like a fun project to work on with others...

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooohhhh and i LOVED your title ;))))

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great ministry --doing a Bible Study in Brazil... AND---those tote bags are awesome... May God Bless everyone who participated in that craft project... The women at the conference will love the bags.

    AND--may God be with the group as they go to Brazil.

    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun project! How nice it will be for the attendees to get a bag!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun project indeed! A what a neat project to work on together as a team.

    ReplyDelete

Your comment is such a blessing and encouragement to me! Thank you for taking the time to leave one.