" For God himself gives to all mankind life and breath and everything." Acts 17:25

About Me

About Me

About Me

Welcome...I'm delighted that you chose to visit! I started this blog in March 2010 and I am so happy that I did. It has made me more aware of the many ways that God is blessing my life. I have made some special friends who bless,teach,encourage,and entertain me! My desire is to be an encouragement to you. I hope you will tarry for a while and that you will come back to visit often.

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

working for Him and him

I was a stay-at-home mom until our youngest, our daughter, was 13. At that time, we had one son in college and another about to graduate from high school, so I decided to look for a part time job. I wasn't sure what to expect. I had not been in the workplace in 25 years and had limited marketable skills, so I prayed and asked God for direction. When I saw the ad in the newspaper for the position of file clerk in a doctor's office, I thought I met the requirements... someone with organizational skills and the ability to file alphabetically!! After raising 3 children, I definitely knew my abc's...ha! ha! Ten years later, I am still there and my responsibilities have expanded. My boss, the doctor, is a wonderful guy. He is generous and kind and takes very good care of his employees. Our office manager is the sweetest Christian you could ever meet and she has become one of my BFFs. I work with pleasant people that I really like and to make things even better, my daughter is now working there also. What a treat to spend every day with her!
At lunch today, my sweet girl and I were talking about people who are miserable in their jobs but have no choice but to remain there. I am always grateful for my job.... part time with flexible hours so I can work around my family's schedule, great atmosphere, two minutes from my house. But, today as we talked, I was reminded again that I am blessed. God provided the perfect job for me in a place where I am free to talk about Him, encourage my co-workers, and, hopefully, do work that brings glory to Him. Every year, when I have my evaluation (and get my raise...yea!), I tell Dr. F that God continues to use him to bless my family. I hope that blesses him.

1 comment :

  1. What a beautiful story of your job and how you enjoy working. And you're right there are so many people who just complain about their jobs.

    I'm glad your dad is doing better. Psalms 121 is one of my favorite ones right now. With my husband gone for the year I have been clinging to the promises in this Psalm. Beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comment is such a blessing and encouragement to me! Thank you for taking the time to leave one.