" For God himself gives to all mankind life and breath and everything." Acts 17:25

About Me

About Me

About Me

Welcome...I'm delighted that you chose to visit! I started this blog in March 2010 and I am so happy that I did. It has made me more aware of the many ways that God is blessing my life. I have made some special friends who bless,teach,encourage,and entertain me! My desire is to be an encouragement to you. I hope you will tarry for a while and that you will come back to visit often.

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

home again

After a week, I am back.... back at home, back at work, back at my computer. It was a rough week, emotionally and physically exhausting. But God is good. He answered our prayers and met our every need. My dad did amazingly well through the surgery and is now in rehab. Hopefully, he will be back home with my step mom in about 10 days.
My dad's pastor is a great guy.... caring, insightful, funny. He has been so thoughtful and faithful to call and visit and pray. He is young, early 40's I would say, and has been at their church for less than a year, but he and my dad have become big buddies. You see they have the same spirit, the Holy Spirit, abiding in their hearts.That is their common bond. It is a sweet thing to see him hold Dad's hand and pray, to hear him say "I love you brother", to know he truly cares. It has blessed and encouraged me to see his pastor's heart. He read this Psalm before Dad went to surgery and it has been resonating in my heart all week.

Psalm 121 "I lift up my eyes to the hills. From where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, who made heaven and earth.He will not let your foot be moved; He who keeps you will not slumber. Behold, He who keeps Israel will neither slumber nor sleep. The Lord is your keeper; the Lord is your shade on your right hand. The sun shall not strike you by day nor the moon by night. The Lord will keep you from all evil, He will keep your life. The Lord will keep your going out and your coming in from this time forth and forever." Amen!

1 comment :

  1. What a blessing for your dad to have a pastor who is available and compassionate and of the same mind...like you said, both having the same Spirit in them. And so good that you were able to be with them! Welcome home.

    ReplyDelete

Your comment is such a blessing and encouragement to me! Thank you for taking the time to leave one.