" For God himself gives to all mankind life and breath and everything." Acts 17:25

About Me

About Me

About Me

Welcome...I'm delighted that you chose to visit! I started this blog in March 2010 and I am so happy that I did. It has made me more aware of the many ways that God is blessing my life. I have made some special friends who bless,teach,encourage,and entertain me! My desire is to be an encouragement to you. I hope you will tarry for a while and that you will come back to visit often.

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

gifts of spring

We have been surprised, through the years, at the birds who have chosen to build their nest near or on our porches. One year, a house wren built hers in a wreath on my front door. We were fascinated as we watched her fly away every time we open the door and fly back as soon as we got in our car to drive way. She was faithful and raised her babies until they able to fly away. Our kids thought it was great! We keep a large plastic bag hanging on our back porch that we use to hold smaller bags to recycle. We've found nests in those several times. The first time you walk out the door and have a bird burst out and fly away, it's pretty scary! This year a cardinal chose the small flowering plum tree that is within arm's reach of our back porch. The mom was kind enough to fly away so I could take the picture above! Aren't the eggs precious? I can't wait to see the babies! We feel blessed that they seem to trust us.

The small azaleas that line the front of our house, the ones we prune, haven't been so pretty this year. The blooms they have are vibrant, but they are scarce. However, the large bushes on the left side of the house... the ones we tend to ignore, have been beautiful! They are a happy sight to see when I pull in the driveway. I LOVE SPRING!
I'm so glad God thought of it .......

"every good and perfect gift is from above coming down from the Father of lights..." Jam 1:17




2 comments :

  1. Amen!!! Spring is such an awesome gift from HIM!

    Nice to "meet" you. I've been through those sandwich years......

    ReplyDelete
  2. So true...spring is a perfect gift from our Father!

    Thanks for stopping by My Front Porch...and taking the time to leave a comment. It's always nice to meet a new blogging friend.

    ReplyDelete

Your comment is such a blessing and encouragement to me! Thank you for taking the time to leave one.