" For God himself gives to all mankind life and breath and everything." Acts 17:25

About Me

About Me

About Me

Welcome...I'm delighted that you chose to visit! I started this blog in March 2010 and I am so happy that I did. It has made me more aware of the many ways that God is blessing my life. I have made some special friends who bless,teach,encourage,and entertain me! My desire is to be an encouragement to you. I hope you will tarry for a while and that you will come back to visit often.

Thursday, April 22, 2010

a taste of sweetness

Many of Dr F's patients are very sweet and thoughtful. They show up regularly with good things for us to eat. Today a gentleman brought peanut brittle. Normally I am not a big fan, but this was very good. Not hard to bite or chew... sticks to your teeth a little bit, but, hey, that's what brittle is suppose to do! :-) And it's made in the microwave! So, if you'd like to try it, here's the recipe:

1 cup raw peanuts
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup light corn syrup
1 /8 tsp salt
1 tsp margarine
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp baking soda

Grease (or use cooing spray) a cookie sheet. Combine first 4 ingredients. Cook in microwave on high for 4 minutes. Stir. Cook 4 more minutes. Add margarine and vanilla and stir. Cook 1 minute. Remove from microwave, add baking soda. Stir rapidly. Spoon out and spread quickly onto prepared cookie sheet. Cool and break into pieces.

I don't know if peanut brittle is a southern thing or not, so I would be interested to know if it is popular where you live. :-)

4 comments :

  1. I have a photo from Christmas 1988 of my roommate picking up a cookie-sheet sized piece of unbreakable peanut brittle and gnawing on it. What a memory! And what a flop that recipe was! (I think it didn't boil long enough or get hot enough to be brittle.) We're Nebraska girls, and peanut brittle is usually a Christmas treat there. I see it often here in Colorado, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love peanut brittle!!!

    And congrats to your daughter. What a beautiful ring!!!

    I also do not like watching movies that have tons of profanity in them. And I heard the same thing about the Hillary Swank movie. But at least you had some time to yourself!

    Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We love peanut brittle and we are from everywhere and nowhere (Navy). I look forward to trying this recipe!

    Thanks for reviewing those movies. I really appreciate a real review. I don't have a lot of time to watch movies, so when I do I want to watch something enjoyable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't even like any kind of brittle but this was pretty good!

    ReplyDelete

Your comment is such a blessing and encouragement to me! Thank you for taking the time to leave one.