" For God himself gives to all mankind life and breath and everything." Acts 17:25

About Me

About Me

About Me

Welcome...I'm delighted that you chose to visit! I started this blog in March 2010 and I am so happy that I did. It has made me more aware of the many ways that God is blessing my life. I have made some special friends who bless,teach,encourage,and entertain me! My desire is to be an encouragement to you. I hope you will tarry for a while and that you will come back to visit often.

Sunday, April 11, 2010

visit to the great outdoors




J, the hubby, and I went camping this weekend. It was predicted to be beautiful, perfect for camping, but we knew we needed to make at least one trip to see Dad during that time. So, we did some investigating and there is a park with a campground 5 miles from the hospital where he is in rehab... about 1 1/2 hours from our house. So, on Thursday morning, we made the decision to go and on Friday morning, we headed out!
It is a very nice place with a Wild Animal Park, a huge playground, lots of places to ride bikes, a lake, a pond and a creek to fish in and it was only $16/night to camp! It was a relaxing time.... something we both needed. Here are some pictures.

beautiful wisteria... dogwood and azaleas were blooming, too!

a random tree growing on a tiny island in the middle of the lake... notice the Spanish moss!

trees reflecting in the creek

the fisherman caught about 50 bream in this pond... the biggest one being about 3 inches long!!
he had a great time catching them and throwing them back... fun way to spend a morning :-) I watched, took pictures and read my book... nice!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Your comment is such a blessing and encouragement to me! Thank you for taking the time to leave one.