" For God himself gives to all mankind life and breath and everything." Acts 17:25

About Me

About Me

About Me

Welcome...I'm delighted that you chose to visit! I started this blog in March 2010 and I am so happy that I did. It has made me more aware of the many ways that God is blessing my life. I have made some special friends who bless,teach,encourage,and entertain me! My desire is to be an encouragement to you. I hope you will tarry for a while and that you will come back to visit often.

Monday, May 14, 2012

the wedding....reception

The reception was actually a brunch with
 all kinds of wonderful food. 
There were waffles, muffins, pastries, fruit,
chicken salad and egg salad with
 good bread for sandwiches. 
Unfortunately, I don't have pictures of any of it!
You will just have to take my word for that! :-)

But, here are the bride and groom cutting the cake...


...and eating it!



Toasting...

...and dancing!



These are some of our wonderful, loving friends
who made the three hour drive to share
 this special day with us. The young man
 on the right has been friends with
 our sons since birth.
 He flew all the way from Calif
 on the "red eye" to be there! :-)


 That's me and the Hubby and his sister.
 She drove about six hours and came
 to the wedding with a toothache. 
Now, that's love!


 Our younger son, the best man, and
 his son, our grandson
before the ceremony...



 ...and after (a little more casual) with
our DIL, Little L, and our daughter.



Little L was an honorary flower girl.
 She has on a tutu, too,
under the blanket!



The bride and groom mingling.

 A cute twosome enjoying their beverages!


 They had a photo booth with props
 so their guests could pose
 for fun pictures.



A couple of kids tried it out
 before the ceremony...


 Then they moved it outside where
 the light was better.
Even the bride and groom got in on it!


 Our oldest grandgirl wasn't
 going to be left out!


Then, it was time to go...


 We waved our wands...
wishing them happiness and joy and
contentment for many years to come!
 

 A goodbye kiss for his girls...



...a hug for Mom...

 and off they went!


It was a wonderful day...a beautiful picture of the
redemptive grace of God. 
He restored love to these two precious people
 who had experienced hurt and disappointment.
He confirmed again that His plans for us
are good ..."to give us a future and a hope."!
How grateful we are for His goodness!

5 comments :

  1. Oh so wonderful. Glad you had a grand celebration with family and friends...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was a beautiful wedding! I like the new/old weddings! I was just telling a friend I love burlap, mason jars and all that makes a barn type wedding! This wedding was a great example of one! Who would not be comfortable there?
    denise

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Brandon with a mustache! Even if it was a fake one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely celebration...all around!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely beautiful! What precious memories for your family. :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comment is such a blessing and encouragement to me! Thank you for taking the time to leave one.