" For God himself gives to all mankind life and breath and everything." Acts 17:25

About Me

About Me

About Me

Welcome...I'm delighted that you chose to visit! I started this blog in March 2010 and I am so happy that I did. It has made me more aware of the many ways that God is blessing my life. I have made some special friends who bless,teach,encourage,and entertain me! My desire is to be an encouragement to you. I hope you will tarry for a while and that you will come back to visit often.

Thursday, May 6, 2010

dinner and a movie

Headed to my dad's for a visit and to give my step mom a day off tomorrow, but I wanted to share a couple of reviews with you. One, favorable, the other... not so much!

First, my sweet girl and I tried the new chicken alfredo pasta at Pizza Hut last night... and it was good! We were both pleasantly surprised. And on Tuesdays, you get two pans (6 x 9 x 1 1/2) of pasta and 5 bread sticks for $10! It feeds 4-5. If you add a salad or you are feeding children, maybe more. So, that's the good review.

Now for the not so good one. About a year ago I saw a movie previewed on TV called "The Brothers Bloom". It was about these two con men (brothers) and it reminded me of the Ocean 11 movies. You know the funny, cute crooks you can't help but cheer for? I never saw it come to the theaters, so I was happy to find it in the rental store . Well, Mark and Adrian (Ruffalo and Brody) weren't anything like George and Brad (Clooney and Pitt)! It was, for the most part, depressing and the few attempts at humor were LAME! Guessing that is why it went straight to DVD. So, again, save your money, go buy a milkshake from chick-fil-a or a blizzard from DQ...you'll enjoy it a lot more!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Your comment is such a blessing and encouragement to me! Thank you for taking the time to leave one.