" For God himself gives to all mankind life and breath and everything." Acts 17:25

About Me

About Me

About Me

Welcome...I'm delighted that you chose to visit! I started this blog in March 2010 and I am so happy that I did. It has made me more aware of the many ways that God is blessing my life. I have made some special friends who bless,teach,encourage,and entertain me! My desire is to be an encouragement to you. I hope you will tarry for a while and that you will come back to visit often.

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

welcome to our front yard


Don't you think a wreath on the front door just says "welcome"?
I haven't had one for a while, but I have been inspired by visiting other blogs and seeing your beautiful doors. So, I was going to refresh one of my grapevine wreaths, but I found this one, already made at Wal Mart.For the price, I decided to go for it! It has certainly brightened the door and it has made me smile!

I also spent some time Saturday planting impatiens in pots and baskets. We have a very wooded yard so that means we have a very shady yard, especially the front. So, impatiens is the only thing I have found that does well there. I'll never forget the first time I bought some at a local nursery. The owners were good ole' southern folks. The lady owner told me, when I ask about watering them, "their heads will droop... they'll let you know when they need a "drank"! " And she was right.... they do! I should have planted them a month ago, but I've been gone so much staying with my dad during his hospital stay and recovery, I didn't get to it. So, they are small, just getting started, but the colors are vibrant and they will grow.
At one time we knew the name of this hedge bush that lines the left side of our front yard, but now neither J nor I can remember it. They are very tall now and J wants to trim them, but I like them big! They are covered in these lovely little white blooms and they smell sweet.



So, until our blue hydrangea blooms, that is about it for the front yard. The days are getting warmer here, so I am trying to enjoy every "smidgen" of spring we have left!

I was so happy to read all the comments about the cinnamon biscuits. I hope you all enjoy them as much as we do! Bless you all for taking the time to visit and respond!

1 comment :

  1. Beautiful wreath! You've just inspired me. I too have a shady yard. I just moved in over a year and a half ago and I'm still trying to figure out what does well in certain spots. You're right, you can always count on impatience! Know any other plants that do well in the shade that you recommend?

    P.S. - I just scrolled down a bit and saw the sneak peak of the dress!! It's soooo stunning. I can't wait to see the rest!

    ReplyDelete

Your comment is such a blessing and encouragement to me! Thank you for taking the time to leave one.