" For God himself gives to all mankind life and breath and everything." Acts 17:25

About Me

About Me

About Me

Welcome...I'm delighted that you chose to visit! I started this blog in March 2010 and I am so happy that I did. It has made me more aware of the many ways that God is blessing my life. I have made some special friends who bless,teach,encourage,and entertain me! My desire is to be an encouragement to you. I hope you will tarry for a while and that you will come back to visit often.

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

brown sugar+cinnamon+biscuits= yummy!

Do you remember when Hardees first came out with their
cinnamon biscuits? They sold them 2 in a box for 99 cents and they were sooo good! Our family loved them. But as time went by, the biscuits kept getting smaller and the price kept going up. So, no more early morning trips to Hardees! I decided to try to make them at home. I usually make "hand squeezed" biscuits, but I decided to try canned biscuits for the consistency. They were a hit from the very first attempt. I still remember how surprised I was when they actually turned out! :-) We had them for breakfast this morning, so I thought I would share the very easy recipe.

1 8 ct can "grand" size biscuits (I use store brands)
2 -3 tsp margarine
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 tsp cinnamon


icing:
1 cup confectioner's sugar
2 tbsp milk

Place biscuits on ungreased cookie sheet two inches apart. Smear margarine on top of each biscuit. Mix brown sugar and cinnamon. Spoon brown sugar mixture on biscuits (about 1 tbsp each). Bake at 375 for 11-13 minutes, until sides of biscuits are lightly brown... do not over bake! While they are baking, stir milk into sugar until smooth and icing will drizzle from spoon. Drizzle heaping tsp of icing in circular motion on top. Enjoy!

7 comments :

  1. Hi Debbie and it's so nice to meet you! Oh, my, being a gal from the south, Alabama, transplanted to Texas - I love Hardees. These sound so good and I will definitely try these. I've already copied your recipe.
    Thank you for popping in to see me and I hope you'll come back sometimes.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that's definitely a fast way to make them! I might have to whip up some this weekend when my parents are here...that is, IF my new oven is delivered by Friday! Not expecting it until Tuesday, so we may be stuck with stovetop and crockpot for another week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those look yummy! Thanks so much for your well wishes. I am much better today, just slight dizzy spells. I have vertigo. Never had it before, and don't wish for it again. I will be going to see my family Dr. Thurs for a general check up, but hope it is completely gone by then. Hooray for the dress!! I know she is going to be a beautiful bride, can't wait to see. Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello!

    It's nice to meet you...thanks for visiting my blog! Those brown sugar and cinnamon biscuits look amazing! I love trying new recipes. This will have to be tried very soon! I will be back! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. They look delicious.I will have to give them a try. Who doesn't love cinnamon buns?
    denise

    ReplyDelete
  6. My family would love if I made these one Saturday morning. I am going to try making them. Thank you so much for sharing the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have biscuits in the refrig. These will be made ASAP!

    ReplyDelete

Your comment is such a blessing and encouragement to me! Thank you for taking the time to leave one.