" For God himself gives to all mankind life and breath and everything." Acts 17:25

About Me

About Me

About Me

Welcome...I'm delighted that you chose to visit! I started this blog in March 2010 and I am so happy that I did. It has made me more aware of the many ways that God is blessing my life. I have made some special friends who bless,teach,encourage,and entertain me! My desire is to be an encouragement to you. I hope you will tarry for a while and that you will come back to visit often.

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

a party for our baby girl

On Saturday, friends and family of the daddy-to-be
gathered to honor the soon-to-be-born baby girl.
The mommy-to-be, my sweet daughter, was pretty in purple and was so excited!
She had really been looking forward to the day. The food table was gorgeous!
It was a 10 am shower, so brunch foods were served.



A diaper cake assembled, by her hubby's sister
and his mom, was a special surprise. It was adorable!



Everyone was so generous...look at all the pink! :-)


These hand puppets were a favorite in the gift
from her hubby's sister-in-law.



Our girl has always loved books and she wants
her girl to love them, too. So, she was happy to get
these classics. "Little Bear" brought back sweet
memories of her dad reading it to her
when she was little. There was one story that they
would act out together.
Such fun!



There were many pretty"girlie" outfits, blankets,
socks, and the always popular and practical onesie!


The stuffed rabbit plays a lullaby and is 21 inches long
...the length of a newborn. So, they can practice
holding a baby by holding him!


Her hubby's sister discovered the "I Love Auntie"
clothes at Target and we decided she bought
them out...in graduated sizes, too!
One said "Me and Auntie means BFF". So sweet!


Here's Nana (Hubby's mom) and his sister-in -law.
Happy smiles! :-)



Nana and her mom with the "mommy".
This is the first grandchild for her hubby's family,
so they are,as my daughter says, "over the moon"!


These are the kind and generous ladies who hosted
this lovely and fun shower of blessings.
God bless you all for your kindness! :-)



Next time, Sunday's party!

5 comments :

  1. How sweet! I just love baby showers! They received some beautiful gifts. I know you must be so excited to meet your new granddaughter.

    Smiles,
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a special way to bless your daughter...and Baby Girl. Beautiful gifts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The diaper cake is gorgeous. It doesn't seem that this baby lacks for love! What a precious time for both of you...

    Blessings, Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun day and it is all so pretty what a nice family you have.
    Just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both showers have been so fun. I still don't have everything packed away from this one. Hopefully Friday I can finish that so I can do it all over again this weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comment is such a blessing and encouragement to me! Thank you for taking the time to leave one.