" For God himself gives to all mankind life and breath and everything." Acts 17:25

About Me

About Me

About Me

Welcome...I'm delighted that you chose to visit! I started this blog in March 2010 and I am so happy that I did. It has made me more aware of the many ways that God is blessing my life. I have made some special friends who bless,teach,encourage,and entertain me! My desire is to be an encouragement to you. I hope you will tarry for a while and that you will come back to visit often.

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

wedding sneak peek!

These signs will point the way to the reception. The road winds for a bit before reaching several buildings. We want our guests to know which one is housing the reception. We ordered these from Oriental Trading Co. I am very pleased with them.
I saw these punch cup candle holders at Judy's place over at Just A Little Something For You. She said she got the idea from another blogger. I thought they would be so pretty on the food serving tables. The punch cups were my grandmother's. I found the tiny calla lilies at Hobby Lobby. I love the way they turned out.


We are using the blue fabric on the serving tables, the wedding cake table, and the tables where people will be sitting. It will be "swished" on top of the white tablecloths. There will be candles on all the tables. Below is the bird cage that will be on the gift table. Anyone who brings a card for the bride and groom can slip it through the spaces and into the cage. I just realized I turned it with the bow in the back for the picture. Oh well, you get the idea.


Here are he pew bows. I found these bows at the Dollar Tree and the blue flowers at H. Lobby for half price. Can anyone say ...hot glue gun!


This is the throw-away bouquet. We are going to use it on the cake table until it is time to toss it! Another H.Lobby 1/2 price find!


My hubby spray painted this basket that I already had. It is the perfect size for the bottles of bubbles on the favor table. 240 bottles.... that's a lot of little bows!


Our other favor is "bag your own" bag of candy. I found these blue bowls at Walmart for $1.50. the candy at Sam's and the scoops at "Party City". I made the tags with paper and card stock. The font is "Party". Looked like a party, I thought. I had to make tags because my girl likes everything m&m, so we will have three varieties.



There is much more, but you'll see the rest in the wedding photos. I just wanted to share a little of what I've been doing these last few months. It has been fun getting it all together. I have three friends who are going to do the decorating while we are having the rehearsal and dinner. It is wonderful to have gifted friends who are happy to help and who are trustworthy. I know it is going to look just as beautiful as I am imagining! ELEVEN DAYS!!!!

7 comments :

  1. LOVE the colors - that is the prettiest blue! Oh my...the day is fast approaching! Praying it is beyond everyone's wildest dreams:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all your creative things!!!! It's going to be fun.......

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all your attention to little details! The punch glasses are so sweet! This is the second wedding I have heard that is having candy involved! Candy at anytime is a great idea! Looks like everything is falling into place! It looks like you are really enjoying this time!
    denise

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree that it looks like you're enjoying all of these preparations. Thanks for showing us all of the special touches. Keep taking deep breaths and doing one thing at a time. It really is approaching quickly.

    Can you imagine that my sister arrived home from 4 months in Mongolia TWO WEEKS before her daughter's wedding and had to pull all this kind of stuff together in that time?! She was one harried gal.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great ideas! It's all looking mighty fine over there. I wish you all a most wonderful and memorable day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know from this sneak peak that it will be a beautiful wedding. The punch cups look so perfect, and I know how much work you are putting into it all. Looking forward to seeing the wedding.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks like everything will be beautiful. There are so many special touches that are so thoughtful and creative. Your labor of love is sure to bring cherished memories forever on the special day.

    ReplyDelete

Your comment is such a blessing and encouragement to me! Thank you for taking the time to leave one.