" For God himself gives to all mankind life and breath and everything." Acts 17:25

About Me

About Me

About Me

Welcome...I'm delighted that you chose to visit! I started this blog in March 2010 and I am so happy that I did. It has made me more aware of the many ways that God is blessing my life. I have made some special friends who bless,teach,encourage,and entertain me! My desire is to be an encouragement to you. I hope you will tarry for a while and that you will come back to visit often.

Thursday, September 2, 2010

a tutorial....not really! :-)


Here is a better picture of the "date" gift. If anyone is interested in making one for a wedding, anniversary, or birth, I thought I would give y0u a few tips.
If you have a macro setting on your camera...use it. It makes it easier to take close up pictures without blurring (of course, I didn't know this until AFTER I gave her the gift!). Take several pictures at different distances from the numbers. In my first attempt, the numbers were too small. In the second attempt, they were too big and didn't fit in the frame space. Third time was the charm! :-)
The expensive ones I saw advertised are pictures of the numbers on street signs, houses, store windows, mailboxes, etc. I tried that, but had a hard time finding the numbers I wanted. So, I bought the numbers at Walmart and taped them on different surfaces... brick, stone, a tree. Then I printed them in sepia. Finding the frame took some time. I went to 5 or 6 stores before I found one (KMart) that held three 4x6 photos.
Another option that I discovered last night that is much easier.... google images. If you go there and search for "the number 18 ( or whatever your number is)".... hundreds of images will come up. There will be lots of different forms of that number. You can print them out and use them instead. So, it depends on which look you like or how much time you have.
A co-worker liked this idea and is going to try to take pictures in the city where her daughter was married last Oct. That will make a very special first anniversary gift.
I think I will probably try it again. Now that I know a little bit more about what I am doing! ha! ha! Let me know if you try it.....I would love to see pictures!

8 comments :

  1. I like this idea a lot. I think I'm going to bookmark this post and label it "gift idea" and hopefully I'll run across it at just the right time someday in the future.

    Must run. Have 15-year-old rummaging through clean, well-stocked fridge claiming all of our food ran away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really cool. I'm not sure if you saw my comment back to you, but I think I'm going to "steal" this idea for my other frame. You win my "think outside the box award" for buying your own numbers and using different backgrounds--great idea! (Oh, by the way, there's no prize for the "think outside the box" award, but if there were, you'd get it!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sure will try it someday!!! Thanks for sharing your ideas about the project.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I guess I missed the earlier post - but I'm caught up now - but what a special gift! I really like this idea...especially finding the numbers in pictures on line since I am not a great photographers myself! However, wouldn't it be neat to look for the numbers while we are on our trip - for our 25th anniversary - and come back to make a memory from that trip! Great idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like this idea! There are so many important dates that should be remembered! I could make them for Christmas gifts for my daughters! Thanks for sharing the idea.
    denise

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a great gift idea! Very creative and different and memorializes the day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful idea! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love it and can't wait to hang it on my wall with wedding pictures!

    ReplyDelete

Your comment is such a blessing and encouragement to me! Thank you for taking the time to leave one.