" For God himself gives to all mankind life and breath and everything." Acts 17:25

About Me

About Me

About Me

Welcome...I'm delighted that you chose to visit! I started this blog in March 2010 and I am so happy that I did. It has made me more aware of the many ways that God is blessing my life. I have made some special friends who bless,teach,encourage,and entertain me! My desire is to be an encouragement to you. I hope you will tarry for a while and that you will come back to visit often.

Saturday, September 25, 2010

i do, i will......let's celebrate!

It's hard to believe that the wedding was a week ago! The honeymooners are due back from Jamaica today. We received one email telling us they were safe and having a wonderful time. I was so glad to hear that!
My camera was being used to take pictures of guests as they signed the bride's book, so I am so grateful that my friends were taking pictures. When we get the "real" photos, you'll get to see more, but that may be a month from now. I didn't want to wait that long to share the happy day with you.
This is the happy couple dancing their "first dance" . It was so sweet.....of course I cried. It was wonderful to see them so very happy....finally husband and wife!!


This counter was against one wall. It was a nice space for people to stand and talk with a place to put their plate and cup. We used ivy from my back yard, some small calla lilies, votive candles (thanks Heather), and framed photos to decorate it.


The favor table....bubbles and CANDY!!! Guests scooped up their own mix of candy in cellophane bags. This was a hit....everyone was talking about it....even my 83 year old step-mom!
The bride had a great idea!


The centerpieces on each of the round tables for seating.


A view looking toward the serving tables. Notice the windows. They went all around the room.


Our centerpiece for the serving tables. We loved the simplicity.


This was taken before the reception started, so all the food was not in place, but it gives you an idea about how things looked. The blue fabric really "popped" against the white cloths.


The groom's table. The frame is holding a lovely presentation of the wedding invitation. More of those beautiful roses.


He loves caramel cake... the old fashioned kind with lots of icing! According to his mom, he has always been a planner. When he decided what he wanted, he would make a list of what he had to do to get it. Well, marrying my girl was no exception! His mom thought that was the appropriate thing to put on his cake. Click on it and you can read his most important "to do" list!


The bride's table...yes the cake is chocolate. My girl loves her chocolate and she saw this cake on the cover of a magazine 4 years ago and knew that was the cake she wanted. She kept the magazine and never once considered anything else. The lace skirt on the table was made my mother for my wedding. She attached the lace to satin ribbon by hand. It made me happy to think that she was a part of this very special day.


A close-up of the cake. After the wedding, when I called the baker/cake artist to tell her how beautiful and delicious it was, she told me it took her (and her daughter) 8 hours to decorate it... all those little dots had to be very precise. She probably didn't charge us enough!


Our older son with his older daughter, the flower girl! She did a perfect job.


His younger daughter......curls and blue eyes! Her favorite food was the watermelon....she ate two plates full and hen she was ready to DANCE!


Our younger son......his jacket came off as soon as the last picture was taken after the ceremony. He is not a suit and tie kind of guy....but he loves his sister, so .......


Our grandson. He belongs to our younger son...can you tell? He really did have a good time as you will see later.



And then there was dancing.......the bride and her dad. He cried, she cried, I cried! A very special moment.



Cousins danced....see I told you he had fun! :-) Notice that he is stepping on her foot!


Another daddy/daughter dance.... so cute!


Mom and Dad danced...... and I cried some more!


The beautiful bride and her proud mom. Two tired but very happy and grateful women. A day we will always remember. I believe it was everything she wanted it to be.

My prayer is that she and her groom will be blessed with many years together. I look forward to seeing the future God has planned for them. I am most grateful that they are too!

8 comments :

  1. Looks like she had a beautiful wedding. That groom's cake was just too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved all your pictures, Debbie! Looks like everything was perfect.

    The cakes were beautiful, and I loved the lace cloth that you all used. That was very special.

    I love looking at wedding pictures, so thank you for sharing your daughter's special day with us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a beautiful day! I am not sure I have ever seen a groom's table before. Or two cakes at a wedding. That is what I love about blogging. You get to see how things are done in other parts of the country. The candy is a great idea! I would like some right now! You have a very lovely family!
    denise

    ReplyDelete
  4. What great memories! It's just overwhelming to think of how much planning and preparation went into all of it, and then the anticipation you all felt the week of the event, and now it's but a memory...and the start of this special young couple's journey through life as one.

    Enjoy looking back on this time, and have an even greater time looking forward and sharing times together as a close family!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for taking us along on the journey to the wedding!! I've loved watching the planning and hard work come to fruition. The wedding pictures are fabulous!! Looks like a wonderful day, full of cherished memories! Many blessings to the happy couple!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks so beautiful! I love all the pictures! Especially the groom's cake. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so happy that you shared all of these beautiful pictures of a very special event. Your creativity is evident everywhere in this wedding. I thoroughly enjoyed the privilege of stepping into your world for a few minutes this morning, via your blog. Each post was fun to read and blessed my day. I especially enjoyed this wedding.

    ReplyDelete

Your comment is such a blessing and encouragement to me! Thank you for taking the time to leave one.