" For God himself gives to all mankind life and breath and everything." Acts 17:25

About Me

About Me

About Me

Welcome...I'm delighted that you chose to visit! I started this blog in March 2010 and I am so happy that I did. It has made me more aware of the many ways that God is blessing my life. I have made some special friends who bless,teach,encourage,and entertain me! My desire is to be an encouragement to you. I hope you will tarry for a while and that you will come back to visit often.

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

first.... you must rehearse!

I'm not sure if I have mentioned this, but the location for the wedding was a store front church in the downtown area of a nearby city. This is the church my sweet girl and her fiance attend. It's mission is to reach the unchurched and to help revitalize downtown by (among other things) ministering to the homeless and sponsoring art and music events in their building. So, as my girl said when describing it to her co-workers,"It is not a church. It is a building where a church meets. Don't look for a steeple." So, we had a different and interesting place to decorate for a wedding. It is rather rough and unfinished looking, so it was a bit of a challenge. You'll see how it turned out later in pictures by the photographer, but you'll get a little preview in the pictures below.

Here are the bride and groom rehearsing ...look how intently he is listening to the pastor's instructions. He really wanted to get it right! :-)



The dinner was a "Fiesta"! The groom's family did a wonderful job of decorating and a local Mexican restaurant catered. It was beautiful and tasty!


Aren't the colors vibrant and happy!




There was a single long stemmed red rose at every seat. The groom's mom buys them at a farmer's market close to their home at a great price.



They were so creative. It was obvious that much thought had gone into planning this special meal.



Here is a picture of the stage. We started with a rough brick wall as a back drop. It is cool to look at and gives the room character....perfect for a store front church. The challenge was to make it look pretty for a wedding. The arch, tulle, ivy, peace lilies, candles and soft lighting made a big difference. I had my doubts, but I was actually pleased with the way it turned out. We got lots of compliments....folks liked the exposed brick. I'm anxious to see the pictures...especially the ones with the wedding party in place.


Our musician/vocalists.....the two young women were at the hospital the day the bride was born. Our families have been very close. They are like big sisters to her. She was a bridesmaid in both of their weddings.(Remember the daisy bridesmaid luncheon post? That was the for the one on the left.) The young man is a friend from college and is one of the praise and worship leaders at the church.


The attendants. From the left..... two sisters-in- law, two college friends, one life long friend and a niece! :-)


Our grandson trying his hand at playing the keyboard and singing! He shouldn't have been doing it, but it was so cute. My son was saying, "Mom,tell him to get down." I was taking a picture! ha! ha!


The flower girl modeling a sombrero!


Two more "mexicans"!! The kids had a great time!



The two mothers looking pretty happy!



The bride and groom looking even HAPPIER!


Reception pictures coming soon! Thanks for sharing in this special time with me!

5 comments :

  1. I didn't realize you had a blog post formulating in your head as you were taking our picture! ;) It was such a great weekend! Can't wait to see your next post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was waiting for these pictures and just as I anticipated, they are so much fun to look at. The Fiesta look was so colorful and thought out. Red roses at each place was a very thoughtful gesture. The store wall up front of the ceremony was a perfect backdrop for a wedding and you all decorated it beautifully. I think it gave a quaint feel to the wedding to have it in that type of building. I appreciate all the pictures and narration that you shared of this special event. I especially liked the picture of the two mothers.

    ReplyDelete

Your comment is such a blessing and encouragement to me! Thank you for taking the time to leave one.