" For God himself gives to all mankind life and breath and everything." Acts 17:25

About Me

About Me

About Me

Welcome...I'm delighted that you chose to visit! I started this blog in March 2010 and I am so happy that I did. It has made me more aware of the many ways that God is blessing my life. I have made some special friends who bless,teach,encourage,and entertain me! My desire is to be an encouragement to you. I hope you will tarry for a while and that you will come back to visit often.

Wednesday, May 1, 2013

backyard view


Today was a pleasant, cloudy, breezy, spring day. The temperature was mild and the breeze felt nice on my face. So, I decided to take a stroll around the back yard and see what was going on! I found
blooms on some of the water hyacinths in our fish pond. They are a lovely lavender with that little
blue explosion on one petal.


 The palms in the pond are tall and green and and some of them have those little yellow centers.


 The potted hydrangeas are looking happy and their little blossoms are beginning to develop.


 I planted three of these last year by our patio. Can't for the life of me remember what they are.
They look like coleus, but they aren't. Anyway they died back and came back...which is nice!


Funny thing, a little farther down the sidewalk, in a crack in the driveway, there are three
more of the tiny plants! How did that happen??


We have a family of frogs that keep watch over the pond. Hubby bought this funny pair
last year on clearance at KMart. We are glad they practice catch and release!


Our daughter made this in a ceramics class at our local recreation dept when she was about
ten. He has lived a long life and has faithfully guarded our yard all these years!


I received this "cup and saucer"bird feeder as a favor last year at a wedding shower for our son
and daughter-in-law. I'm not very faithful about keeping bird seed in it, but when it rains, it is another source (in addition to our two birdbaths) for water for the birds that visit our yard. And, besides it
looks pretty!!

It's been a busy three days at work and with the sad news about our friends, my head has been a little foggy. So, it was nice to breathe the fresh air and enjoy the view...even if it was just in our own backyard!

5 comments :

  1. I wonder what that coleus-like plant is. My daughter planted some in a pot on her front porch. I like it. Odd about that one little spot of blue on that water hyacinth. That cup and saucer bird feeder is just adorable! Glad you were able to get out, get some fresh air and clear your head - and heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A good friend of mine is a nurse who is in the second stage of digital record keeping and now they are instituting a online sight for patients to log in to get test results, etc. I just logged on and got the results and a note from my doctor there without having to call the office. Ahh.,.technology. I've had to listen to my friend work her way through all the learning curve issues. I liked the stroll in your yard!

    ReplyDelete
  3. your garden is delightful, i laughed out loud when i got to the fishing frogs and the cup i love. that is something that would be easy to make with cheap or thrift store cups and plate or saucers. your plants are shouting welcome springtime

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely...your backyard garden.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your frogs - I have a collection of them too! sandie

    ReplyDelete

Your comment is such a blessing and encouragement to me! Thank you for taking the time to leave one.