" For God himself gives to all mankind life and breath and everything." Acts 17:25

About Me

About Me

About Me

Welcome...I'm delighted that you chose to visit! I started this blog in March 2010 and I am so happy that I did. It has made me more aware of the many ways that God is blessing my life. I have made some special friends who bless,teach,encourage,and entertain me! My desire is to be an encouragement to you. I hope you will tarry for a while and that you will come back to visit often.

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

on the road again!

I'm leaving this evening to stay with my dad until Sunday while my step-mom goes on a trip with her three daughters. I won't have access to a computer, so I will be "out-of-pocket" until I return.
Thought I would share this "grand" story before I go. First, you have to know that our oldest granddaughter has trouble saying the "th" sound... as in thanks, thing, etc. She says the "f " sound instead.
So, a while back our oldest son was traveling with his two girls to see us. The youngest (3) was being noisy and saying the same thing over and over.... driving her big sister (7) crazy! Finally, big sister said, "Stop! Hush! Be quiet! Zip your lip! Don't say another "fing"! The little one lends forward in her car seat, looks at her sister and says with all seriousness, "fing?"Big sis got mad, dad cracked up and we have been telling the story since!
I'll be checking in with everyone and reading all your posts when I get back, because I don't want to miss a "fing"!

5 comments :

  1. Michael saying "You 'fink' I care" is still a classic too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's such a cute story!

    Sounds like you all had a great time together on vacation. Loved all the pictures from the earlier posts.

    Hope you have a great day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. If this isn't G-rated enough, you may feel free to delete...
    but my parents once had neighbor children who loved our cat, and they would come to see the kitty.

    Little Bonnie couldn't say her "k" sound...she replaced it with a "t" sound. The father, brother, and sister all came over one day to see the ... you got it. The poor dad fumbled all over himself to clarify that she wanted to see the KITTY!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you had a wonderful trip - so nice all that the "relaxed schedule" of summer allows us to do:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love those girls. Riley is a crack-up!

    That story from Rebecca is HILARIOUS!

    ReplyDelete

Your comment is such a blessing and encouragement to me! Thank you for taking the time to leave one.