" For God himself gives to all mankind life and breath and everything." Acts 17:25

About Me

About Me

About Me

Welcome...I'm delighted that you chose to visit! I started this blog in March 2010 and I am so happy that I did. It has made me more aware of the many ways that God is blessing my life. I have made some special friends who bless,teach,encourage,and entertain me! My desire is to be an encouragement to you. I hope you will tarry for a while and that you will come back to visit often.

Friday, July 30, 2010

vine ripe

As I was eating a delicious, fresh, homegrown tomato with my lunch today, I realized I had not posted about J's success with them this year. We have had a bountiful harvest....... as many as we can eat and plenty to give away to family and friends! He picks a bucket full every few days. Don't know how long they will last, but we are enjoying every bite! Nothing finer than a "vine ripened" tomato.
Jesus told us, "I am the vine and you are the branches. If you abide in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit...." John 15:5a My prayer is that I will be as fruitful as our tomato plants. I want others to see love, joy, peace, patience, gentleness, goodness, and faith in my life and be drawn to my Heavenly Father.
"By this my Father is glorified, that you bear much fruit and so prove to be my disciples." John 15:8 My fruit can only be "vine ripened" because "without me, you can do nothing." John 15:5b

4 comments :

  1. Great post! BTW....no tomatoes in this garden. Yours are great looking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are blessed with tomatoes too..I desire to be fruitful too...

    ReplyDelete
  3. for as many tomatoes as we've had, we sure haven't had BLTs often enough...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful tomatoes and I love how you used them with this verse. I love this verse because it always encourages me to remain IN Him, and that apart from Him I can't accomplish anything FOR Him (or for anyone else, for that matter).

    I am so sorry about the loss of your dad, though it's such a blessing that he is with Jesus.

    My dad went Home almost three years ago and my mom now lives with us. I still miss him, as I'm sure you still miss your mom. But we know we will see them again one day!

    ReplyDelete

Your comment is such a blessing and encouragement to me! Thank you for taking the time to leave one.