" For God himself gives to all mankind life and breath and everything." Acts 17:25

About Me

About Me

About Me

Welcome...I'm delighted that you chose to visit! I started this blog in March 2010 and I am so happy that I did. It has made me more aware of the many ways that God is blessing my life. I have made some special friends who bless,teach,encourage,and entertain me! My desire is to be an encouragement to you. I hope you will tarry for a while and that you will come back to visit often.

Wednesday, October 30, 2013

what's up?



I haven't forgotten the promise to post ship pictures...they will be forthcoming. There has been a lot going on here....a trip to Tenn, football games, birthdays, hubby starting his seasonal job...well, you understand!  Today, is just a post about nothing!

It is deer season here in Georgia, so there is a lot of talk about it. Businesses refer to it in their print ads and commercials. I passed a florist yesterday and their sign out front said..."It's DEAR season here all year!" :-)

I was listening to K Love...my favorite radio station yesterday and heard this...."being in a position of authority should mean you are in a position to help others. The main character quality of being a leader should be a willingness, a desire to serve." Good stuff!

The point of flag football is... no tackling. Couldn't help but notice there were a lot of bodies on the ground at the grandson's game last night! :-)

Also heard on the radio that Texas has decided to discontinue awarding ribbons, medals, and trophies in community sports simply for participation. From now on they will have to be earned by winning. Not sure how they will enforce that, but I have to say I think I agree. I am reminded of a line in the kids movie "The Incredibles" where the dad talks about "rewarding mediocrity". I would rather we encourage excellence.

We are having gorgeous weather here! Haven't had a day over 80 in a few weeks. We could use some rain, but we are still ahead for the year because we got so much this spring and summer. Wonderful not to have to turn on air conditioning or heat! Beginning to see a little color, but it takes a while here in the deep south!

The youth at our church are selling pumpkins this year. I am headed to the "patch" here shortly. Our daughter wants to take some pics of Little E among them. Look forward to seeing her reaction...she can say "orange", so I imagine we will be hearing that over and over!

Our Encore Azaleas are blooming again and Hubby's pepper plants are still thriving! My impatiens are getting "leggy" but they are still blooming. I have pinched them back so we will see if they hang in there until it freezes. They have lasted until Jan the last two years because our winters have been so mild.

Made a double recipe of banana nut bread Sat morning. When I took it out of the oven, it didn't look just right. When I checked my bag of flour....I had used plain instead of self-rising! Ugh! I mean it is edible, but not nearly as good as usual. So disappointing...especially after smelling it as it baked!  Not the first time I have done this, but I do hope it is the last!!

Hope you are having a great day! Thanks for stopping by and (if you made it this far!) enduring my ramblings!

6 comments :

  1. awwww, great word for the florists sign. i have heard of businesses that close for the first few days of deer season....like it's a holiday ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Texas and I've been singing that song for years. Love the sign at the florist and around here it's Dear season all year, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Texas' decision. I loved that line from The Incredibles.

    I made banana nut muffins for the Ts for breakfast this morning - pretty much the same as banana nut bread except baked in muffin tins instead of a loaf pan.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We like listening to KLove as we drive...a great station!

    I've never tried self-rising flour. I think your mistake was better than omitting the sugar. At least it could still be eaten!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thought this was a very interesting post. I loved the florist sign. Deer season is a big deal around here too for some. But we don't see it so much in advertising. What Texas wants to do about ribbons and trophies I think is a good thing. I agree with you that excellence should be awarded. I liked what you heard on KLove too. Thanks for sharing all of this, it is all great! Hugs

    ReplyDelete

Your comment is such a blessing and encouragement to me! Thank you for taking the time to leave one.