" For God himself gives to all mankind life and breath and everything." Acts 17:25

About Me

About Me

About Me

Welcome...I'm delighted that you chose to visit! I started this blog in March 2010 and I am so happy that I did. It has made me more aware of the many ways that God is blessing my life. I have made some special friends who bless,teach,encourage,and entertain me! My desire is to be an encouragement to you. I hope you will tarry for a while and that you will come back to visit often.

Sunday, October 27, 2013

a lesson in a shoebox



Our family has been packing shoe boxes for Operation Christmas Child since our boys were young...even before our daughter was born. It was always great fun to shop for the special items we would put in each box. We always wanted them to be FULL, so sometimes it took several attempts at arranging to get everything in! Today, I had the opportunity to share that experience with our 6 yr old grandson. He was surprised to hear that there were children in the world who might not get a Christmas gift. His first response was to give some of his own toys. When I explained that we were suppose to give new items, he could not wait to go shopping. As we went through the store, he was convinced that the box would surely hold "one more thing"!

It was a sweet blessing to share this tradition...and a lesson on giving and gratitude...with him!


4 comments :

  1. Such a great program...Operation Christmas Child! I have been participating with our grands these past years as well. So fun for them to help pick out the items!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our church participates in Operation Christmas Child also.. It's such a worthy project ---and works well when children are involved in filling the boxes. Such a wonderful ministry.

    Hope you had a good week. We have been in Kentucky with friends... Had a fantastic time although it was COLD there.

    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Legacies don't always have to be estates or wealth or titles. This legacy of giving that you are passing on to your grands is priceless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful helper you had!! I've done OCC boxes - but not for the last few years. I need to do that again this year! I hope it's not too late.

    ReplyDelete

Your comment is such a blessing and encouragement to me! Thank you for taking the time to leave one.