" For God himself gives to all mankind life and breath and everything." Acts 17:25

About Me

About Me

About Me

Welcome...I'm delighted that you chose to visit! I started this blog in March 2010 and I am so happy that I did. It has made me more aware of the many ways that God is blessing my life. I have made some special friends who bless,teach,encourage,and entertain me! My desire is to be an encouragement to you. I hope you will tarry for a while and that you will come back to visit often.

Sunday, October 9, 2011

catching my breath

Sometimes, I just need to get away from
responsibility for a couple of days.
So, that's what I did this weekend.
I went 45 mins up the road to the same
little motel I went to about this time last year.
It is near a favorite state park where our family
has camped for years...High Falls.
I've written about the hot, dry summer
we have had. I saw evidence of it at the park.

A dead tree...



So little water coming over the dam,
that the geese were sitting on it....



and the rocks, that usually have water rushing
over them, were dry and completely visible.



But, there was some color to see...



and the lake is still lovely and busy
with fishing and boating...




and the geese are still friendly!
These were right at my feet as I
sat in my chair reading my book. :-)

I feel rested and refreshed and prayed up!
It was a good time away!

On the way home Sunday, I took a little detour
and made a stop here.
Without research, does anyone know what it is
famous for??


I'll tell you all about it next time!
Thanks for dropping by!

5 comments :

  1. I have no clue what the town is famous for! I'm sure you'll fill us in! Glad you had a nice time away. The colors are pretty. Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful place to retreat too. It has been very dry here, but a few weeks ago we had a week of good rain, and a few sprinkles today. Have a wonderful week. Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  3. We all have to take the time to rest and be quiet as we wait for the Lord. I admire you for doing that.
    It all looks very pretty, and I have no idea what happened in that place, so I can't wait to hear.
    I hope you have a lovely Week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've piqued my curiosity!

    Blessings, Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. my guess: Shakespeare festivals. ha!

    Great get-away...every soul needs to be nourished like that!

    ReplyDelete

Your comment is such a blessing and encouragement to me! Thank you for taking the time to leave one.