" For God himself gives to all mankind life and breath and everything." Acts 17:25

About Me

About Me

About Me

Welcome...I'm delighted that you chose to visit! I started this blog in March 2010 and I am so happy that I did. It has made me more aware of the many ways that God is blessing my life. I have made some special friends who bless,teach,encourage,and entertain me! My desire is to be an encouragement to you. I hope you will tarry for a while and that you will come back to visit often.

Thursday, January 13, 2011

reaching the lost

If you:
-have a heart for missions
-are encouraged by seeing how God provides for His work done His way
-get excited when you hear the difference that one called and completely committed person can make.....

...then I recommend you read this book. It is the story of Bruce Olson, who at the age of 19, felt a call from God to go to South America and share the gospel with the Motilone Indian tribe. With absolutely no support system, he bought a plane ticket, flew to Venezuela, and.....well, that's all I'll say. It is an amazing testimony to God's faithfulness and Olson's obedience. It is simply written and easily read. I was moved by it.....I believe you will be, too

6 comments :

  1. One of my very favorite books! Thanks for reminding me. :) I just love how God had already prepared a way for them to come to know Him long before Bruchko came to them. Just thinking about it is making me happy. Yeah, it's definitely time to read it again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our kids are misionaries in Indonesia because our son-in-law was inspired by a story of Nate Saint called to a native Indian tribe in South America ... N.S. lost his life... but how many have been saved?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was a shocking story and not your usual missionary story. The worms still get to me. When he was hungry. :)I am sorry you aren't feeling very good today. I hope you feel better as the day goes on, but at least you are getting laundry done. We have sunshine today and I am so torn, I would really rather be outside than in the house.
    I am also so glad it is Friday.
    I hope your day is full of rest.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read Bruchko to Brandon's 4th grade class. I doubt many of them remember (so long ago), but I remember not being able to get through paragraphs without shedding tears!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I knew you and dad would love this book!

    ReplyDelete

Your comment is such a blessing and encouragement to me! Thank you for taking the time to leave one.