" For God himself gives to all mankind life and breath and everything." Acts 17:25

About Me

About Me

About Me

Welcome...I'm delighted that you chose to visit! I started this blog in March 2010 and I am so happy that I did. It has made me more aware of the many ways that God is blessing my life. I have made some special friends who bless,teach,encourage,and entertain me! My desire is to be an encouragement to you. I hope you will tarry for a while and that you will come back to visit often.

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

all wrapped up

Back in August, my sweet girl and I "ran away" for a couple of days to shop, eat out, and "chill" before the wedding. We stayed in this great (but very reasonably priced) hotel. They had some very nice amenities including white terry robes. Oh, my goodness! We showered, wrapped ourselves in them, snuggled up in the bed with our snacks and diet cokes and watched "Say Yes To The Dress"!!! Now that is luxury! ha! ha! They were soft and comfortable....and we didn't have to purchase them. They came with the price of the room.... provided for our use.
Reminds me of of
God's provision. He has wrapped me in the righteousness of Christ with a robe that identifies me as His child. It gives me access to Him so that I can snuggle up in His lap and enjoy the comfort of His love and mercy. His robe was also bought with a price by Jesus....and then provided for me as a gift of His grace!

".... and be found in Him, not having a righteousness of my own that comes from the law, but that which is through faith in Christ......the righteousness that comes from God..." Phil 3:9

3 comments :

  1. That sounds like a great idea, getting away for a few days! The wedding pictures are beautiful! I have never made a chocolate cream pie, thanks for sharing the recipe! It is nice to make something new! I love the new look!
    denise

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how lovely to have a day like that. I bet it was wonderful and I love how you remembered the verse and that we are clothed in the robe of righteousness. Thank you for your very sweet comment and I feel the same way, I would never stop reading. I love all of the people like you Miss Debbie who God saw fit to bless me with in this life. I am truly thankful.
    Have a wonderful day,

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I too thrill in the comfort of God's love and mercy! What a wonderful reminder. And I also remember similar towels when my mother and I travelled to Moscow for my brother's wedding. Our hotel there was a Marriott and so lovely...and the towels in our room - heavenly!

    Hope you have a great Friday - looking forward to a blessed weekend! Hugs -

    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete

Your comment is such a blessing and encouragement to me! Thank you for taking the time to leave one.