" For God himself gives to all mankind life and breath and everything." Acts 17:25

About Me

About Me

About Me

Welcome...I'm delighted that you chose to visit! I started this blog in March 2010 and I am so happy that I did. It has made me more aware of the many ways that God is blessing my life. I have made some special friends who bless,teach,encourage,and entertain me! My desire is to be an encouragement to you. I hope you will tarry for a while and that you will come back to visit often.

Sunday, August 25, 2013

wanna leave a message?


As a part of our remodel, I got a long needed pantry. Its construction gave me a wall perfect for a message center in my kitchen. I looked on Pinterest and other sites to get some ideas. Some were too involved, others were more for houses with kids. I never found just one that I liked, so I took a little from this one and a little from that one, got some advice from my daughter and added an idea or two of my own. I am happy with the result!

So, I started with this...a plain cork board with an oak frame.

 
I sanded and Hubby spray painted the frame. I covered it with fabric, added some trim, and
embellishments and...voila! here is the finished product!


J & D...well, that's us and the basket is for bills, coupons, etc. I found a cute calendar for next year,
but until then...this year's with the top pictures cut off will have to do! Been trying to get this together  for several weeks. Glad to finally get it hung on the wall! I'd like to think we are another step closer to being organized. I'll let you know if it works! :-)






8 comments :

  1. Very nice... Reminds me of all of the times I made bulletin boards (and changed them) for the church and/or schools.....
    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so cute ... you're so creative! I wish I had a spot for a cute message board like that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So darling, thanks for sharing! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! You really made that bulletin board look good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How cleaver and creative you are. I love the message center, very attractive as well as useful. Getting things organized is something I need to do around here. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice color! Did you ever post a tour of your remodel? If I missed it, please send me an email with a link. If you haven't done it yet, what's the hold up?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful bulletin board!

    ReplyDelete

Your comment is such a blessing and encouragement to me! Thank you for taking the time to leave one.