" For God himself gives to all mankind life and breath and everything." Acts 17:25

About Me

About Me

About Me

Welcome...I'm delighted that you chose to visit! I started this blog in March 2010 and I am so happy that I did. It has made me more aware of the many ways that God is blessing my life. I have made some special friends who bless,teach,encourage,and entertain me! My desire is to be an encouragement to you. I hope you will tarry for a while and that you will come back to visit often.

Sunday, April 3, 2011

the rest of the story!

Whew! It it has been four full days! Never had the opportunity to post again
'cause we were BUSY!! Here is the documentation...:-)
The only thing I have been able to think of to be a help to our son, the single dad, on a consistent basis when we live 4 hours away is to cook meat to put in his freezer. I put it in quart zip lock bags and label them. So, during the week when he is trying to prepare dinner after he gets home at 6 pm, the meat part of his meal is already done.
He is pretty organized...makes menus, makes a grocery list from his menus,
and post his menus in the fridge, so he knows at a glance what the plan is and knows what to take out of the freezer for dinner that night.
Anyway, I said all that to say I did some of that this week. When I was cutting
up the chicken for ranch chicken, this little girl left her computer game,
came into the kitchen and said,
"What are you doing Gran? I can help?"
I wasn't about to pass up that opportunity! So, I put cracker crumbs
in a zip lock bag, dipped the chicken and dropped three pieces at a time
into the bag, closed it, handed it to her and said,
"Here you go...shake!"

She did a great job and endured 'til the end.... and we made a lot!
It took longer (all you moms know that!), but it was a much more fun!

After dinner and baths, we painted princess sun catchers. They are both very meticulous!


Here are the finished products. Saturday, we hung five of them on the french doors in their dining room (where lots of sunshine comes in)...they were pretty. The sixth one is going to school on Monday as a gift for the teacher!


Saturday found us at Wendy's for lunch. So glad they offer chocolate milk as an alternative for soda these days.


Getting every drop of juice from the cup of mandarin oranges!


Next stop.....the nail salon. We girls need a little pampering every now and then! :-)


Patiently waiting her turn!


Making sure she likes the color she picked out!



Oh my goodness, my nails are pretty!!


We had a great time, but they were very happy to see their daddy!



Latest update on baby: She started walking again today...that is BIG! God is good!

5 comments :

  1. Such a blessing to have that special time with your grands! Sweet memories made....

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet time you had....love those nails! I need a manicure myself - sure wish I had my little princess close by to take along with me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was thinking about you so glad to see that you had such a nice time with your girls and your son. I bet you are tired. :)
    I am glad you are back.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yes...you have been busy! But such fun.

    So glad to hear the wee girl is walking.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! great pictures and it shows you're having fun, keep it up and Godbless....

    help for single Dads

    ReplyDelete

Your comment is such a blessing and encouragement to me! Thank you for taking the time to leave one.